2009 audi s3 s tronic dsg gearbox problems

Mohmed

Reaction score
Hi all,
First time on a forum, but havin a problem with my s tronic on my s3 8p. Basically it clunks in to first gear from set off and does the same till third gear. After a while it will jump out of gear and i will have to restart the engine. And then when i put it in reverse it comes out reverse gear and the r disappears from the screen displaying no gears. It also acts like its misfiring whilst in low revs which sounds like its the gearbox making it do it.
I had it on diagnostics machine which brought up the following codes:
17252 - transmission fluid pressure adaptation at limit - pressure too low - p0868 upper limit reached.
18223 - pressure control valve 1 n215 short to plus p1815 not a plausible signal.

Thinking its the mechatronic i have took it to ecu testing in derby who checked the mechatronic over and are sayin there is nothing wrong with the mechatronic. Pretty baffled here. If anyone could help me out here... thanks in advance!

As above, sounds like one of the actuators on the Mechatronics Unit has failed.

Hi guys.
I have a 2009 A3 1.4T Our transmission operates fine until you push gear lever over to sports/manual shift. Once we select that option it won't go out of 1st gear. Any ideas or is this also a common issue?

Thanks Grant

Hi guys.
I have a 2009 A3 1.4T Our transmission operates fine until you push gear lever over to sports/manual shift. Once we select that option it won't go out of 1st gear. Any ideas or is this also a common issue?

Thanks Grant

Not heard of that one before, but I am going to hazard a guess that it's the electronics within the Mechatronics unit acting up.

On the older S-Tronic boxes they were known for not being well insulated from the hot gear oil that surrounds them and as such the heat damages the PCB. As it controls everything about how the gearbox operates it is possible that it could fail in such a way that it works in Auto, but when moved to Manual it just wont respond.

It's a very complicated piece of electronics. However I'm wondering....you say it won't go out of first gear, is that only when using the paddle shift? If you drive in "M" without touching anything the electronics should still change gear as the engine reaches redline to avoid damage.

Is yours still changing up automatically at redline (max RPM) or is the engine bouncing off the limiter instead of changing up a gear automatically when in "M".

Hi guys.

Thanks Grant
I`m 100% sure the 1.4t came with the dry 7 speed DQ200 DSG box. Check these guys out.
DSG 7 gearbox fault