2009 A5 3.0tdi stage 1 remap egr blank, swirl flaps delete, dpf removal and delete

Please can you advise of what may be the issue for low performance gain (bhp)

• Underlying issues

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Alexpendable

Reaction score
Hi,

I have had my A5 3.0tdi 242 dsg stage 1 mapped inline with the title. And i just wanted to ask if anyone has any ideas why the car only managed to peak at 285bhp with the air filter removed? I was shocked with the outcome as i was lead to belive that the car would achive arround 312 bhp. I need to upload the image of the map to my gallery to show the rolling road results of standard, dpf removed and then third run stage1 one added.
The car had covered 170000 miles at the time of the map but these miles have been 75% motorway miles.
A friend of mine said it could be the MAF sensor that may need replacing despite no fault code displayed.
I imediatly ordered a pipercross cone filter to increas airflow but probably made no difference.
In fairness the torque is now 619nm so i was quite happy with that.

Any ideas? Or would it just be down to the high mileage?

Attachments

• PSX_20190830_173538.jpg
    PSX_20190830_173538.jpg
    597.2 KB · Views: 226
  • 20190816_204656.jpg
    20190816_204656.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 182
Most likely not down to high mileage at all, probably down to the mapper not knowing how to extract all the available power. Also swap your filter back to standard.

@bobby singh may be able to help you.

Most likely not down to high mileage at all, probably down to the mapper not knowing how to extract all the available power. Also swap your filter back to standard.

@bobby singh may be able to help you.

Cheers The Jargen,
Ive dropped bobby a line to see what he thinks. Why would you reccomend to put the standard pannel filfer back in out of curiosity?
Kind regards
Alex

Hi Alex without seeing the logs or the tune its hard to say whats the issue.
However, most generic files produce this kind of power.
I retuned this one a few months back

Claimed power was 310hp but made 284hp - off course dyno's are different but the curves tell the real story.

As above fit the stock filter back only use MANN brand and install the big rubber O ring. I've lost count on the number of compressor wheels damaged by aftermarket filters.

If you want me to re tune it I can but not until June - BobbySinghRacing@outlook.com

Cheers

Hi Alex without seeing the logs or the tune its hard to say whats the issue.
However, most generic files produce this kind of power.
I retuned this one a few months back

Claimed power was 310hp but made 284hp - off course dyno's are different but the curves tell the real story.

As above fit the stock filter back only use MANN brand and install the big rubber O ring. I've lost count on the number of compressor wheels damaged by aftermarket filters.

If you want me to re tune it I can but not until June - BobbySinghRacing@outlook.com

Cheers

Just curious what are the symptoms of compressor wheel damage in your experience?

Think of a car wheel when you hit the kerb - steering shakes right?
Compressor wheel is much more sensitive and can break