2008 rs6 mmi problems

Josh williams

Reaction score
Hi guys!

After my my last successful post I thought I would try another! So I got the sound working in my rs6 after a lot of fiddling a about and now just have a few questions about the mmi system.

So I have dc changer and radio available at the minute but I would like to stream music through the mmi off my phone.

I have an old iPhone 4s which I planned on using. What I have is mmi to USB cable then I plugged the lead part of an iPhone 4 charger into the USB then into my phone.

When I do this the mmi reads something along the line of this lead or device is not compatible.

Just wondered what I am doing wrong! Thanks

I have AMI in my car, but only have the USB end at the moment. I put my genuine apple cable into here and I get the same as you

I believe that you need to use the proper AMI to Apple cable to get this to work.

If you want to stream music from your phone one of these is supposed to work well

ViseeO Tune2Air WMA1000 Bluetooth Music Adaptor iPod iPhone Kit for Audi | eBay

But you would still need to use the AMI to apple cable to connect it

Im just using a USB pen drive with all my music on

Simon

hi mate,

bit of a late reply, i bought the genuine audi to lightening from audi told him what car i had etc.

got it and it doesn't work, still says the same thing. So for now I'm using a usb pen drive.

still annoying me that the sound doesn't come on when i start the car everything boots up as previously discussed then i have to press radio then media and it starts playing as normal.

just can't for the life of me think whats holding it off!