2008 Audi S5 Coupe, FOG light LED upgrade

Nick_S5

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Please can somebody tell me which LED fog lights work best with my Audi, I have Auxbeam Headlight bulbs in ice white, just not sure which ones other people are using and works best with the Audi

Thanks for your help guys

Nick

So you've got hid replacements, any errors or heat issues, pics would be great thanks as I'd like to maybe look at these.

No errors, and as far as I'm aware........not sure what to look for in regards to heat issues???

Melting plastics is a good sign of heat issues mate lol.

So how much brighter are they on the road bud?

Did you import yours?

incredibly bright on the road,.......I will check for melting plastics though....yes I purchased them off their website......good throw on the beam possibly 200 feet maybe at a guess, but that is only a guess

I will take the headlights out tomorrow and check for any melting issues.......no canbus errors either

Reactions: NHN
Yeah just to be safe as those headlights are expensive.

It's a pain tbh, it's the connectors that are the issue, it can be done but it can also change the beam positioning when doing, so be aware.

Thanks, and another question as I see that Nick_S5 has the Auxbeam kit. I looked it up and it appears to be an LED bulb instead of the standard Xenon one.

Standard bulbs emit light in all directions and the reflective surfaces inside the headlight are designed to work with that and reflect that light forward.
LEDs emit light in the direction where the LED is pointing, which might not work so well with the cars reflector. I think the bulb you have only has LEDs pointing to the left and right.

So I am wondering how well that works with the headlight of the A5?

If it's a xenon headlight then it should work well as Nick states but a standard halogen with no internal lense so to speak, it will probably be a over the place & I would not suggest it.

Reactions: 46lukasz
incredibly bright on the road,.......I will check for melting plastics though....yes I purchased them off their website......good throw on the beam possibly 200 feet maybe at a guess, but that is only a guess

I will take the headlights out tomorrow and check for any melting issues.......no canbus errors either
Where did you buy the LED fog lights for your Audi?

I have Auxbeam Headlight bulbs in ice white

I never thought of the stock ones as very bright, and i thought they are pointing down quite a bit when using dipped lights, so they dont reach far either.
I'm looking to upgrade for some time now and you said these are great.

Are these it exactly?

Reactions: Nick_S5
Make sure you have xenon headlights, these LED bulbs will melt halogen headlights, because the ballast is not the same, the auxbeam headlights mention this burnout in their fitting instructions.......so if you have Halogen headlights these bulbs are not for you...well thats the info I'm getting from the instruction sheet disclaimer....... but the headlight led bulbs are a million miles away from the originals........some would say offensively bright and a long long throw of beam....and its silly easy to take the headlights out to fit the led bulbs

Reactions: 46lukasz