2008 A6 S Line Avant with MMI Gen1 - how to connect an iPhone for music streaming?

c3nturi0n

Reaction score
hi... I have Audi 2008 A6 S Line Avant with MMI Gen1. It does have B@tooth support which works nicely for phone side of things but something I'm missing since I moved from BMW is iPod dock to stream the music.

Now I have MMI Gen1 with 6 x CD changer so was wondering is there anything you could recommend (or suggest) to provide support for streaming music and leverage car's speaker system? Something that would be a bonus is to charge an iPhone too but may be asking too much at this stage :).

Any advise is welcomed? ta

cheers... are there any 'cost effective' alternative to AMI as ideally i'd like to keep CD changer?

and one addition appoint, how could upgrade MMI software w/o visiting the stealer workshop :)?

rgds

I had a VnsMedia unit in my car, worked exactly like AMI but cost far far less. Also plug and play with no coding and the original CD changer remained.

Works with iPod, iPhone (both 30pin and lightning), iPad etc

AMI iPod® / iPhone Interface inkl. Kabelsatz für Audi MMI 2G

IMG_4460_zpsddb4a38f.jpg~original

IMG_4464_zpsa7618474.jpg~original

IMG_4466_zps602bfe20.jpg~original

IMG_4469_zps971a9ac8.jpg~original

IMG_44821_zps90b86807.jpg~original

right... the only obvious down side I could see (correct me if wrong?) is that it is for 2G MMI. Mine as well all cars up to pre-facelift (2008/08) have MMI G1.

right... the only obvious down side I could see (correct me if wrong?) is that it is for 2G MMI. Mine as well all cars up to pre-facelift (2008/08) have MMI G1.

No. You have MMI 2G. There was no such thing as MMI 1G.

Is your main screen beside the glovebox button the same as mine? Or just red?

same as the one on the photo you disclosed earlier... my bad in that case:search:!

re install, guess bit of a DIY and the task could be accomplished easily or...? Thx.

excellent... just going back to the Suwtec product I guess they have one with Lightning port to support latest iPhones?

I just use the lightning adapter from Apple with mine.

cheers... and one last point, would the BT A2DP adapter work with MMI's Bluetooth (for telephone) to stream the music too? or AMI is a mandatory component in the setup? Ta

The Audi Music Interface would be your best bet (AMI) Audi Music Interface AMI A4 A5 A6 A8 Q5 Q7 COMPLETE RETROFIT INSTALL KIT NEW !!! | eBay

If you don't need your CD-Changer, then remove the using the keys provided with the kit and plug in the AMI module. There is no coding required it's just plug and play.

One point to note you should upgrade your MMI setup to software version 5570 for best AMI support.

Updated MMI yesterday... I have an impression that audio quality had improved on stock Audi (non-BOSE) music system. However something I noticed that 5570 suppose to deliver 3D Map View but I do not seem to get this :(. is there a setting to ''enable' that feature so to speak? or activate via VCDS?

Hi Guys - bit of a newbie here to AMI - does the VnsMedia device - come in a 3G flavour for my A6 Sline 2011?

THanks

Chris

Ordered - do you think its easy to Fit? I already have one of those cables as well so that's cool

You can try this BT from viseeousa.com. I have the WMA3000A plugged into my AMI port. I have no problem with it. Streams music perfectly and can control, read, and display music using the cars entertainment system and steering wheel controls.