2008 3L V6 Diesel emissions amount?

Pee Jam

A6 Avant LeMans 3.0L Seat Alhambra xcellence
Reaction score
Hi all

Just gone to tax the new car, well, new to me, and its asking for £540! When I checked the other day on another .gov website it was £315!

Everywhere I have looked says the car is a band K VED, but the actual taxing website says it is a higher band!?

I have searched online and the worst figures I can see for the 2008 3.0L 6sp Triptronic quattro Audi are 212g/km which is below the 225g/km that puts the car into the higher category. I have not been able to find any actual Audi quoted figures, even the sticker in the boot and service manual does not show it, well, it shows 88.8

Does anybody have some info on this please?

Thanks
Peter

Hi all

Just gone to tax the new car, well, new to me, and its asking for £540! When I checked the other day on another .gov website it was £315!

Everywhere I have looked says the car is a band K VED, but the actual taxing website says it is a higher band!?

I have searched online and the worst figures I can see for the 2008 3.0L 6sp Triptronic quattro Audi are 212g/km which is below the 225g/km that puts the car into the higher category. I have not been able to find any actual Audi quoted figures, even the sticker in the boot and service manual does not show it, well, it shows 88.8

Does anybody have some info on this please?

Thanks
Peter
I've just taxed my 2008 Allroad 3.0 V6 TDi and I have paid £540 too. Note that the exhaust pipes on my car are directed downwards, meaning no DPF and as such this possibly the reason for the high tax bracket. The car in itself has a facelift look with LEDs, but I guess they fitted DPF to end of 2008 models and mine was registered in April.

Mine was registered in march 2008 and it does not have a DPF fitted either. I don't know why I was surprised that the .gov website was inaccurate, but it is quite plainly irritating that the DVLA do not use the same database, or visa versa, that the Vehicle licensing agency compile/use, considering that us as tax payers appear to be paying for 2 database's to be administered for what should be the same dam thing!

I've heard some were registered by dealers as having the old 220hp emissions level, not sure if there is any truth in that

A6 3.0tdi quattro 2006 (no dpf) - i pay £305.00

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Maybe the year of registration has an impact?

Maybe the year of registration has an impact?
I'm 57 plate, looking at the guidlines my car is exactly on the bottom threshold of the band L. If they only brought it down by 1gram per kilometer it would have been £225 cheaper a year

Reactions: Pee Jam
Mines the same, its an 08 plate and is just in the L bracket :(

It depends what emisions you have on the v5c form if its under 224 than its £305 , if more then its £500 ...

Mine is 223 G/KM

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk