2007 S3 Mods Before Stage 1

CallumB05

Reaction score
Just looking for some advise on what mods everyone would suggest to get the most out of stage one to give the best reliability.

For example I’ve heard about changing diverter valves etc.

Cheers

There is a few things the check the diverter valve being 1 of them. As for mods I went with a revo intake and the car made 280 bhp on the standard run and 326 on the final run. Apr software

A GFB+ valve would be good with the revision G valve ( bit gfb+ fits into ) PM @t8ups and get some led Drl's ( he can code remotely if you have Vcd's or get hold off ) change the back lights ( look for the dark red lights 2011 model . Pair on Ebay £160 not mine ). Spruce up interior if non smoker change the Ashtray out for Ashtray delete and lighter for one with the flap . Upgrade your Head Unit and the list can go on but mind it will come at a cost and Santa has already been .

A GFB+ valve would be good with the revision G valve ( bit gfb+ fits into ) PM @t8ups and get some led Drl's ( he can code remotely if you have Vcd's or get hold off ) change the back lights ( look for the dark red lights 2011 model . Pair on Ebay £160 not mine ). Spruce up interior if non smoker change the Ashtray out for Ashtray delete and lighter for one with the flap . Upgrade your Head Unit and the list can go on but mind it will come at a cost and Santa has already been .

The GFB DV+ works with any revision of the original solenoid. No need to buy a G revion as well. If you want to stick to OEM then the revision G will guarantee to have no boost leaks when new but the diaphragm can split.

I would get a set of BKR7EIX plugs and if you have a bit of spare cash a Revo style intake. A custom mapper would be able to make the most of this.
Make sure you are using good quality fresh oil and get your fuel pump cam follower checked and changed.
There is also some mileage in having the brass input fitting to the fuel pump drilled out to 5mm to maximise fuel flow. Again RTech as custom mappers can do this for you.
Stage 1+ which includes an uprated fuel pump opens even more mid range torque but they can be costly.
Be warned that you will not stop at stage 1. That is where I started and now at 2+ and I have just finished installing an uprated Wagner intercooler today.

Reactions: HHS3
Thanks for all of your input, who is the best tuner reasonably close to the south east, Kent area. I don’t mind travelling a couple of hours

Also run on high octane fuel like V Power.

Not a necessity but if its done a fair few miles it may be worth looking into full inlet and valve cleaning / walnut shell blasting.

If you could get to Nuneaton, you would be very pleased with R-Tech. If you are looking for a generic map I would search for an APR dealer rather than Revo.
Just seen the post above and R-Tech could do that for you too.
Almost a one stop tune up shop!
I have APR software on my car and my son has R-Tech

I had walnut blasting and a remap done at the same time by R-Tech, very impressed with their service. They get people traveling the length of the country just for a remap.

AMD may be a closer option if you're in kent? They also have a good reputation on here.

I have a nearly new GFB DV+ for sale at the moment in the classifieds section for £70

Thanks for all of your input, as always open to more suggestions.

I’ll look at getting GFB DV+, new intake and possibly spark plugs.

Also with general use and maintenance, car has done nearly 60k miles. What should I get done in addition to cambelt and water pump?
Cheers

I would get a new genuine Audi fuel filter fitted.

As above, replace the usual suspects, plugs, DV, PCV, fuel filter and Haldex oil and filter.

I wouldn't bother with the intake at stage 1, the OEM intake is good for 340ps. Spend your money on a set of ARBs instead (or just a rear one if you're strapped).

There is also some mileage in having the brass input fitting to the fuel pump drilled out to 5mm to maximise fuel flow. Again RTech as custom mappers can do this for you.

Hi mate, can you elaborate a bit more on the drilling of the brass fitting please?

I'm ordering a BCS DP today which I'll get Storm Devs to fit once delivered. My new Spec 2+ clutch & steel SMF has 150 miles to go until it's bedded in and so I'll be calling R-Tech soon to get booked in for a stage 2+ remap, fit a new S3 HPFP, Autotech HPFP internals, RS4 FPRV, cam follower, R8 spark plugs, RFD and inlet & injector clean.

Is the drilling still beneficial when fitting an uprated HPFP for stage 2+?

I don't know the technicalities but I think it helps the LPFP in some way, someone will confirm the details. I'm pretty sure R-Tech will do this for you if they are fitting your HPFP internals.

I don't know the technicalities but I think it helps the LPFP in some way, someone will confirm the details. I'm pretty sure R-Tech will do this for you if they are fitting your HPFP internals.

Perfect thanks for that Rob. The main thing I wanted to know was if it's beneficial to do for stage 2+ which it is, so I'll make sure to ask R-Tech to do this as well because it'll be my last round of major/expensive mods for a few years.

My understanding is that the Loba pump has the 5mm drill mod done at their factory and so having it done on a standard hpfp seems to be the way forward whilst having your auto tech internals fitted.

My understanding is that the Loba pump has the 5mm drill mod done at their factory and so having it done on a standard hpfp seems to be the way forward whilst having your auto tech internals fitted.

Nice one, cheers for all the information mate.