2007 s3 front brake discs

russ.gibbo76

Reaction score
Probably been asked a million times but here goes. On my way home from work on Friday night I totally ****** my brakes after a little spirited driving. Pedal hit the deck and once it returned there is HUGE brake judder to the point where I thought the abs was kicking in.
I've ordered some ferodo ds2500s for the front and rear but im just wondering what would be the best disc option to pair with these?
I imagine the answer will be oem bit just wanted to check first.

Thanks in advance

Russ

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Probably been asked a million times but here goes. On my way home from work on Friday night I totally ****** my brakes after a little spirited driving. Pedal hit the deck and once it returned there is HUGE brake judder to the point where I thought the abs was kicking in.
I've ordered some ferodo ds2500s for the front and rear but im just wondering what would be the best disc option to pair with these?
I imagine the answer will be oem bit just wanted to check first.

Thanks in advance

Russ

Vagbremtechnic j hooks work well with DS pads

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: paddy
Don’t buy Pagid discs unless you like judder when hot.
Brembos seem fine if you are on a budget

Vagbremtechnic J-Hooks 340 or 345mm front and 310 rear.

Front pads - Mintex 1144 or the Ferodo.
Rear - you’ll get away with OEM

Reactions: paddy
I just fitted J hooks and they work brilliantly with stock Brembo pads.
a couple of times recently i have had to stop very quickly and i was starting to think i was losing it but i realise now that my Raybans virtually block out brake lights :) Be warned in this weather , you dont look cool wrapped round the back of a hiAce :)
all the same i had EBC discs before and i ****** them very easily with general use, turned them a nice straw colour.

Attachments

• IMG_20180511_131419.JPG
    IMG_20180511_131419.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: mechanic69
Sounds like j hooks it is then. Thanks for the advice guys. What's the difference with 340's And the 345's (other than the obvious 5mm!)

Out of curiosity .... What way are j hooks supposed to face?

Sent from my DEVICE using Tapacar

Sounds like j hooks it is then. Thanks for the advice guys. What's the difference with 340's And the 345's (other than the obvious 5mm!)

A 340 disc will use all the pad surface, have no lip and will be lighter.

A 345 disc will have 5mm of disc not in contact with the pad so will form a small lip as it wears down, it will be heavier but more mass area etc should help with cooling slightly.

I’ve had no issues with 340 discs since owning the car over 4 years and I’m running rs3 calipers on 340s at the moment and works a treat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk