2007 s3 black grill

goodbuzzman1

Reaction score
I’ve painted the front grille on my 2007 s3 a couple of times and it just keeps chipping

Is there an actual black plastic replacement grille? I see a few listed on eBay and the likes and they are advertised as for a3/s3 and I know they aren’t the same

I'm after the same thing! I've sprayed mine with rubber paint, it wasn't Plasti-Dip, I used one called Carla's from eBay and it's worked a treat, doesn't chip at all. The best thing is you can just spray over individual bits if needed, it doesn't run as easy as gloss spray and as long as it's clean it dries like it's the same coat. It is a semi-gloss though unless you use the lacquer you can get with it.

The only other option is the 'black' option grille which pop up every now and then but from what I remember they can go for quite a lot!

I have bought but not fitted an oem black optic grill for my 08 s3 - NOT cheap!!!

Is the fabled "optic" grill honeycomb? Would love to see pics

My car has got a black slatted grill which was described as "genuine black edition grill" in for sale advert, it looks good quality, perfect fit etc so no reason to question the original but I didn't think they started doing "black edition" A3/S3's until post facelift

Only pic i can find (its still not fitted). Cant tell you the part number at the moment its stored away but i got it from mike from *** parts on facebook. Try a parts request on the forum, I just asked for a black optic grill for an 08 s3 prefacelift.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1525844274663.jpg
    FB_IMG_1525844274663.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: Daveyonthemove and samuelh_888

My car has got a black slatted grill which was described as "genuine black edition grill" in for sale advert, it looks good quality, perfect fit etc so no reason to question the original but I didn't think they started doing "black edition" A3/S3's until post facelift

You cannot get a honeycomb pre facelift grill the only option is to make it

That's what i've got on my car... worth a few quid are they?

You could specify a black styling pack in 05/06.