2007 RS4 Winter Tires?

usstrejo

Reaction score
Hello,

I just moved to Halifax, Canada from Los Angeles, California. I have a 2007 RS4 and want to be ready for the winter. Can I just buy some winter tires and mount them to my stock rims or do I have to buy another set of rims? Thanks

Hello,

I just moved to Halifax, Canada from Los Angeles, California. I have a 2007 RS4 and want to be ready for the winter. Can I just buy some winter tires and mount them to my stock rims or do I have to buy another set of rims? Thanks

Yes mate you can, although remember winter tyres are only really effective up to 7 degrees.

Last edited:
You would be best having a set of winter wheels with tyres on them, so its less hassle as the winter tyres will be all but useless in the summer. On the plus side, it should be below 7 degrees for a good 6 months of the year minimum where you are now, so there wont be any on/off/on/off like you may experience here.

i had some Nokian GRW2 put on my rims beginning of last winter (scotland) ended up leaving them on till last month!
work fine in wet condition (lots of siping in the tread) spare wheels would be nice but for the cost of getting them swapped you could do that 10 times over and still have change compared to buying a new set of wheels