2007 RS4 codes need advice

LT1

Reaction score
Hello all im new,
My 2007 RS4, was running fine then all of a sudden codes popped up and it wouldn’t start. Had to get it towed home.

So far replaced both hpfp, new fuel filter, checked Evap purge solenoid clicks when i apply voltage and holds vacuum.

I dont have any way to check factory codes but with a simple cheap code reader im getting these codes

p0458
p2009
p2257
p2295
P2401
p0413
p129c

Anyone have any ideas where to start. every time i clear codes these code come right back while cranking.

P0458:EVAP Emission Purge Control Valve Circuit Low

The Evaporative Emission System (EVAP) canister purge volume control solenoid valve uses a ON/OFF duty to control the flow rate of fuel vapor from the EVAP canister. The EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve is moved by ON/OFF pulses from the Engine Control Module (ECM). The longer the ON pulse, the greater the amount of fuel vapor that will flow through the valve.

P2009:Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit Low Bank 1

P2009 means the intake manifold runner control circuit has excessively low voltage for bank 1. Once the ECU figures out that low voltage is present in the intake manifold runner control circuit a Check Engine Light will be triggered.

The Check Engine Light will be displayed on the dashboard and may be accompanied by a failsafe mode which will remain in effect until the code is cleared or normal voltage is detected.

What causes the P2009 code?

• Wiring harness has an open or short
  • Faulty or stuck intake manifold runner
  • Electrical connection that is less than optimal
  • Intake manifold runner control solenoid has failed.
What are the symptoms of the P2009 code?

• In some cases the driver may only notice the Check Engine Light without any other symptoms.
  • Some other vehicles may find the engine lacks power at lower RPMs and seems to run erratically.
  • P2257 - Secondary Air Injection System Control 'A' Circuit Low
    Possible causes Faulty Secondary Air System Relay Secondary Air System Relay harness is open or shorted Secondary Air System Relay circuit poor electrical connection Faulty Secondary Air System Pump

P2257 Description

An Air Pump is used on the vehicle to lower tail pipe emissions on start-up. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) grounds the Air Pump Relay Control Circuit which energizes the Air Pump. The PCM also grounds the Air Combination Valve Vacuum Control Solenoid Circuit, which energizes the Air Vacuum Control Solenoid. Vacuum is then applied to both Air Combination Valve Diaphragms which opens the shut-off valves. The PCM enables both circuits simultaneously when Air System operation is desired. When the Air System is active, then Air pump forces fresh air into the exhaust stream in order to accelerate catalyst operation. The AIR combination valves replace the conventional check valves. When the AIR system is inactive the shut-off valves prevent air flow in either direction.

P2295 Fuel Pressure Regulator 2 Control Circuit Low

Possible causes

Faulty Fuel Pressure Regulator

Faulty Fuel Pump Faulty

Fuel Pressure Sensor

P2295 AUDI Description

The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the fuel pressure. The code is set when the PCM detects the fuel pressure out of factory specifications.

P2401: EVAP Leak Detection Pump Control Circuit Low
P2401 is a OBD2 generic trouble code indicating a fault within the EVAP leak detection circuit. This code may be seen with other EVAP system codes.
What the P2401 code means
The P2401 trouble code is telling us the EVAP control circuit has had a fault with the leak detection pump. The leak detection pump is used by the ECM to pressurize the EVAP system to check for leaks that are present.
When the ECM has detected the the circuit has low voltage it will trigger a P2401 code. The code will remain until the issue is resolved or normal voltage is detected over multiple vehicle trips.
What causes the P2401 code?
Gas cap is faulty
Charcoal canister failure
Leaking or cracked fuel vapor lines
Open or short in the wiring harness
ECM that has failed or is failing
Faulty purge control solenoid
Leak detection pump has failed
What are the symptoms of the P2401 code?
The Check Engine Light will be triggered in all instances of the P2401 code.
Generally no other symptoms are noticed by the driver

P0413 AUDI - Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve 'A' Circuit Open

When is the code detected?

The DTC P0413 is detected the the AIR vacuum control solenoid circuit not operating as desired by the PCM.

Possible symptoms Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light) Engine hesitation

P0413 AUDI Description

An air pump is used on the vehicle to lower tail pipe emissions on start-up. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) grounds the Air pump relay control circuit which energizes the Air pump. The PCM also grounds the Air combination valve vacuum control solenoid circuit, which energizes the Air vacuum control solenoid. Vacuum is then applied to both Air combination valve diaphragms which opens the shut off valves. The PCM enables both circuits simultaneously when Air system operations id desired. When the AIR system is active, then Air pump forces fresh air into the exhaust stream in order to accelerate catalyst operation. The AIR combination valves replace the conventional check valves. When the AIR system is inactive the shut off valves prevent air flow in either direction.

P129C – NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS

Information I found on the internet relating to your codes.

You will need to get them checked from a garage and do a proper test in order to fix the faults

Hope this helps

Hi there I’m a newbie here and noticed your post about the epc warning light and I’ve got a full house and have identical codes come up ! Did you get to the bottom of it and any advise would be much appreciated! Cheers Russ

No, still waiting to solve this problem. Have it parked until i can get a shop to look at it. Need a better scan tool that can look up factory codes.

I wonder if i can get some software and a cable to plug my laptop to data log.

I’m the same and only got a cheap diagnostic reader so I really need a vagcom