2007 A4 B7 Symphony Radio change to RNS-E

ukphillad

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

3 weeks ago managed to finally get my hands on the dream Audi A4, B7 chassis and 2.0 TDI engine with an Automatic gearbox :rockwoot:Absolutely thrilled is definitely an underestimation. Anyways, coming back to my main question. I have the factory installed Audi Symphony radio, like in the picture (ps. picture borrowed from Google :D )
http://s4.postimg.org/11kb246ky/user6607_pic85922_1204319803.jpg

I really want to switch this to one of these (again, picture borrowed from Google) :
http://www.silsound.com/public/Immagini/A4 RNS-E.jpg

I have a lot of questions regarding this, and considering that I am an absolute newbie to the Audi world, (although extremely keen on learning) , will list the first main ones I have.
1. Is it possible to change over from the Symphony installation over to the Navigation Plus (RNS-E) ?
2. If so, How much would it cost to change over and how long would it take?

I suppose if it is possible, trying to do it at an Audi dealership would bring me to a nice sum of £2000 or more, so if anyone could provide a different or cheaper alternative, I would appreciate it a lot :readit:

first you shold search the forum or google
as theres loads an loads of guides etc etc
its a very easy swap to fit
PM user NHN (nigel) on here
hes your man for any retrofits

first you shold search the forum or google
as theres loads an loads of guides etc etc
its a very easy swap to fit
PM user NHN (nigel) on here
hes your man for any retrofits

Thanks for that Bez.
I have looked at loads of info on Google, and can see that there is a lot of items for sale on EBay and such, but I'm not sure which ones are good to buy and which ones should I avoid. Had a chat with a few people and some of them said that there are things to be careful of, such as Chinese counterfeits etc. Not sure whether that's the case, so hence the reason for asking on the forum to make sure.
But I'm guessing that when you say it's an easy fit, then it is possible, which answers one of my questions.
I will try and PM Nigel and see what can be done :)
Anyways, thanks for the answer.

you wont find many chinese knock offs
theres the mk1 rns-e then the mk2 newer with led display and a few other extras
to answer ypur 2nd question an hour or 2 to fit and code
price depends on what you want on who fits etc
as above thats nhn's thing and he will run you through prices and he travels to fit

Since you have a 2007 you could have either a Symphony II or a Symphony II+ - it matters because the parts you need (wiring adapters) to do an RNS-E retrofit are different, so the first thing you need to be sure of is which version of the Symphony you have (the II has a casette drive and a small display, the II+ has no cassette drive and a larger display).

Since you have a 2007 you could have either a Symphony II or a Symphony II+ - it matters because the parts you need (wiring adapters) to do an RNS-E retrofit are different, so the first thing you need to be sure of is which version of the Symphony you have (the II has a casette drive and a small display, the II+ has no cassette drive and a larger display).

Dave,
Thanks a million for that. Absolute newbie here, so might make a few mistakes all along. Just checked there, and actually have the Audi Concert radio system (Not sure why I was thinking that I have the Symphony one :3sadwalk:
Anyways, with the Concert radio system, would the installation still be possible?