2007 2.0 TDi Quattro 170 S Line-Oil Leak

SWILKO

Reaction score
Gents,

Going to start a thread on this one to keep you updated cos ahm well hacked off....

Car went into Audi Edinburgh last month to get the dreaded injector recall, no issues up to this point. Got the car back a few days later, no issues until recently. I don't use the car alot but have covered about 1k since getting the car back, driving decent distances on each trip. However, noticed an oily niff coming through the vents when I was stationary, so I stopped and popped the hood to have a look. To my surprise seen some oily smoke coming from the right hand side of the engine, clearly a problem.

I left it a few days as my theory was that this could be excess oil/ spilage burning off from the rocker cover as this would have been removed during the injector change. I have subsequently kept an eye on things and there is still oil dripping from car. Not went further with it so not sure where the source is..

Goes back to Audi on Wednesday to be checked. No doubt I'll get the usual excuses and be reamed big time. Don't like getting the breeks pulled down so ai'll keep you updated...

Cheers,

S

think you will find its the rocker cover gasket leaking as they dont replace it unless you specify it .............

Cheers 347.

I'll ask them about that when I put the car in. If thats the problem I would probably be better going to an indie to get the work done tho..

S

Complain to the customer service manager of the branch, if you don't get any joy with them then contact Audi UK. Your car was fine before they touched it and they should put it right and a free oil change for the inconvenience caused. Audi put the wrong oil in my car a couple of months back causing my turbo to be defective

Thanks Cloughy.

More ammo for me the better....

S

think you will find its the rocker cover gasket leaking as they dont replace it unless you specify it .............

Spot on 347. Got a call today saying gaskett replaced and car ready for collection. Not phoned them back but I expect to have this done for free.

Still gonna complain to Audi UK though..