2006 us model facelift

tudy

Reaction score
Hello,I have a 2006 a3 north american base model and I'm doing a facelift to my car
I tryed to find some diy but cannot find for my particular project
I have done already the 2010 spedometer,led taillights,double din,facelift a/c dials,newer blower motor....
I would like to know what else than fenders,hood,rad core support,grille,bumper and headlights, I would need for my project for the front end
Someone told me I need rebar and brackets as well to change and for this
Also i will put the led headlights,what exactly i have to do as the us model has a lot of things prewired already
Anyone can give me some advice?
Thanks

So you took the dash out to fit the new blower system to be compatible with the facelift climate, its the only way to make it work properly.

Just do some research & reading on the site, its been discussed loads of times.

So you took the dash out to fit the new blower system to be compatible with the facelift climate, its the only way to make it work properly.

Just do some research & reading on the site, its been discussed loads of times.

Well I took the glovebox and I was able to change the blower motor
I put a 2012 golf blower version j and it seems ok (can't control the a/c for now cause I have an issue with the air quality sensor)
I'll do some more search on the forum

The blower motor isn't enough, depending if the US adopted the later design, but only cars in EU from late 07/08 onwards supported pnp of the facelift climate unit, older systems will show issues.