2006 b7 1.9tdi to 2.0tdi conversion

Adam Price

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i have plans to do an engine conversion on my 06 b7 a4. Has anyone on done this as i would like some advice. I know that i need the engine, the gearbox, the ECU, the wiring harness. Is there anything else that i need. Thanks in advance guys

Out of interest Adam - what are you looking to gain from the conversion? or is this a case of you're using what you've got to hand?

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
Out of interest Adam - what are you looking to gain from the conversion? or is this a case of you're using what you've got to hand?
Thanks for the quick reply. Might sound a bit stupid but ill be honest my last few cars have been 2 litres and ive loved them, i said this time id try a 1.9. ive always loved the b7s. ive had the car for about 2 months now and i absolutely love it bar the fact it only has 5 gears and it revs higher when im driving. ive thought about just buying a 2.0 car but i cant bring myself to part with the car. im a mechanic so i have no problem taking on the task

Reactions: DieselJake
Fair play mate, would personally say for more power may be worth looking into swapping turbo and injectors (injectors if it's 115) then mapping rather than engine.

Just for reference my 1.9tdi made similar power to what a 2.0tdi would have made with the same stuff bolted on.

Reactions: AvantMike
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said

I know it’s slightly different but I’ve had the 3 0 tdi and now I have the 1 9 tdi with a map and it goes like 5hit off a shovel, bulletproof as well unlike the 2 0 which has numerous problems
I prefer my 1 9 all day long

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper and DieselJake
For what it's worth my old b6 1.9 had a 5 speed and I much prefer it to 6 speed. Around town I'm fed up with constant gear changes with the 6 speed. As previously stated the 1.9 was bomb proof.

I think you and others on the b6 forum all agreed what a brilliant engine it was. I'd buy another all day long.

Reactions: DieselJake