2006 and 2010 wishbone differences

vxedcc

Reaction score
I have been offered a pair of new wishbones for a 2006 a3 sportback, mine is a 2010 sportback (facelifted), will these wishbones fit my car? both are 2.0 TDI models.

thanks

main difference is that after 2009, the wishbones are only sheet metal. before that, they were mostly cast.

what the difference is no idea, probably weight saving.

thanks for that.

I have found out that there is a slight difference with sport models, it seems they have a different balljoint. not sure if this alters the track width, castor or camber. I just want the right stuff for my car, arghh...

where did you see that info?
on etka, it shows that the 2006 and 2010 ball joints are the same, with no varations for different trim levels.

must admit that I was told this by a motor factors, GMF i believe. They listed 2, 1 for the 'Sport' suspension, and 1 for the non sport.

Capture

so part 3 in that picture does have a distinction between sports and non sports. only difference is that the sports version has more rubber with less empty voids, firming up the bush to prevent movement. imo, go with the sports version anyway, itll be an improvement.

but rather than work out whether something will fit etc. lets just find the right part.
what did gmf quote you for the parts, what parts do you need (see you have a wanted thread for front end parts, crash repair?).
what engine code do you have, is it the 170 version, is it a quattro or fwd, sports/se/sline etc.

have ended up buying an arm today, went to a different motor factor, with part number in hand. much easier and fits like a dream.

really appreciate your help with this - my car is a 140 common rail tdi, sport back, 60 plate.

The car wasn't cheap, and I've not long bought it, but it ticked all the boxes apart from the aesthetic condition - but that's fixable :) want to put it 100% for the mot - I noticed some play in the wishbone bushes and ball joint so decided to replace them. I also had a dent in the wing and a few marks to the front bumper so have bought a new wing, struggling to decide what to do with a bumper as im not sure what the quality of the new ones on eBay are like (the £100 specials). it also needs a new driver side fog light surround, or a good 2nd hand one.