2005 B7 RS4 Avant ...work in progress

callumjones

Reaction score
I have nowhere to document what I actually do with this car so I figure a build thread is necessary.
I have no idea in what direction this project will take I.e stance, track, power hunter etc as I have just had a baby and funds are limited for the time being.

I bought the car March 2015 and it looked like this:

Not much happened in the last year really, I used it on and off in between buying other means of transport including 3 Suzuki grand vitaras, a £300 VW Passat estate, Subaru Impreza wagon, Nissan 300zx and finally a Lexus ls400. Pictures:

With my 300zx in my old unit

With the old mans B7 A4 2.0tfsi

In between my brother briefly owned a b6 S4, this was a familiar site:

Back to my S4, done a full detailing session on the interior and exterior over two days

Cleaned up the alcantara inserts as they were looking very worn

And the exhaust tips

I then put the car up for sale when the baby was due as I felt the Lexus was a decent ish family car and running on lpg it was a good balance between reasonably cheap running and v8 burble. Here's a few pictures from the advert

And that brings the car up to date really. I have recently purchased a set of wheels which are arriving via courier tomorrow morning so I shall be posting pictures tomorrow of a test fit for clearance etc.

As for plans, I have a few but as stated above I have no direction for this car at the moment so will have to wait and see

Thanks for reading

So, wheels arrived today, bought them off a member on here, described as needing a refurb however I am happy with the overall condition of them for now so once the tyres arrive I'll offer up a test for to see if I have any clearance issues. Only managed to get a quick pic:

Just before they turned up, I started giving the interior a quick clean, the state on the steering was so bad I decided to take a picture.

Before:

After:

The pictures aren't great but they will have to suffice.

Looking at getting a set of miltek centre pipes now, not sure whether to get resonated or non resonated, so if anyone has any experience with either please feel free to throw your two pence in!

Update:

Finally got the wheels on today , well happy with the results, no rubbing or anything, so need to sort out the altitude now though!
Pictures:

Next update will hopefully consist of some sort of exhaust!

Reactions: Tyrer
Looks very nice! Love an S4 Avant - wish there were 1/2 decent ones when I was looking.

You thought about springs/shocks to get the S4 down a little?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have thought about it, I however I have completely ruined driving characteristics of many cars in the past, so I am currently researching a decent set up to invest in unless something cheap comes up in the mean time! But so far I'm looking at the bilsteins available. Have looked at BC racing coilovers but after owning a set in the past I'll be giving them a miss.

KW's were another option but alike the bilsteins, slightly out of my price range at the moment

So, bit of a strange update, iv actually sold the car and replaced it with a b7 rs4!

The car was so nice i couldnt leave it there, it was a spur of the moment, night before decision that i havn't regretted... yet!

Here it is:

With the obligatory recaro seats

Dirty engine bay

And the latest photo from the weekend all packed and ready for her maiden voyage to the caravan

I have just purchased a JHM short shift kit so that will be arriving soon and some HEL braided front brake lines too!

More updates soon

Reactions: THQuattro, Tyrer, mookster and 1 other person
Best thread update I've ever seen haha

It sounds absolutelt fantstic, and to complement it i have just purchased a gruppe m carbon airbox! On the hunt for decat downpipes now aswell haha

Reactions: mookster and Tyrer
Nice one mate, whats the feel difference with the Gruppe m airbox.

No idea as i havnt fittes it yet as i only collectes it earlier today. Im having an operation tomorrow so wont be fitted for atleast a week or so unfortunately!

Ok mate thanks for reply,you can't drive your car for a while then not good,good luck for the op.

Well the op went well... im still here anyways haha so will get back on my feef asap!

Forgot to mention i fitted the JHM short shift kit last weekend, very simple piece of kit made to an excellent standard. Positively improves shifting gears greatly! Would definetly recommend as a must of especially as it comes with the new delrin bushes, my car had done 97000 and the shifter assembly eas very worn, now its like brand new!
No pictures unfortunately but hopefullt ill get some when i fit the air box

Thanks for looking and your comments

Another small update from just before the op

Heres a picture of the jhm short shift being installed

I had previously cleaned the car and took some half decent pictures

And finally my gruppe m carbon airbox arrived!

There was a ljttle crack in the airbox whixh i have since repaired just waiting to get hold of some 2 pack laquer so i can give it a going over before fitting

More updates soon

Want so so much

Reactions: callumjones
So not muxh of an update but i managed to stay on my feet long enough to give the engine bay a once over ready for the carbon airbox to be fitted and also my brother fitted my new plates

Reactions: Weemaca and THQuattro