1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2005 AllRoad Electrical issues

keef01 Aug 20, 2018

1. keef01

keef01 New Member

Hi All!

Me and My friend are having a super hard time with this 2005 Audi A6 Allroad that we have.
    Its the 2.5 TD V6 if that helps in any way.

Basically a while ago, the drain plugs got blocked under the battery, which caused it to flood in the passenger foot well.
    There is a box in this foot well, and caused all sorts of electrical things to go mental haha

We dried everything out and its been find for months, but suddenly the alarm has started to go off randomly and not all of a sudden when driving the dash lights up like a Christmas tree!

[​IMG]

Is it most likely this box again?
    If so... can anyone tell me what its called, and would it need coding in if I was to get another one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. amiram

amiram A6 C5 Allroad 2.5L TDI Tip Still on air :)

This " box" is the TCM Transmission control module. And the "Christmas tree" is probably alert the front brake pads are worn or defective ABS sensor.
    In order to diagnose problems in this vehicle, you must check fault codes with a scanner or VCD'S
    Otherwise it is very easy to get lost and go into large and unnecessary expenses

4. keef01

keef01 New Member

I have checked the pads/ABS.
    I should have been more clear, there is absolutely some electrical issue, as very strange things are happening.

The lights on the dash go berserk when you drive, more than what you see on that image really.
    The glow plug symbol also flashes.

The alarm goes off every 5 or so mins randomly (I have turned down the sensitivity Via Vagcom).
    Last night it wound ALL its windows down on its own when I went to the car this morning, so it did that on its own at some point in the night.

Ill do a full scan later on Vagcom but Im pretty sure its going to come up with a billion errors haha

Could the TCM being flooded cause issues like this?
    As when it was flooded it caused similar issues just not this horrendous.

5. keef01

keef01 New Member

Just an update so anyone having similar issues can try what I have tried....

We changed the CCM/TCM, recoded the keys, and this seems to have sorted the alarm going off all the time, but the lights on the dash coming on all the time was still occurring.
    The ABS light, the Traction control light, and the glow plug light kept flashing and going a bit insane.

Turns out some idiot had fit a couple rear bulbs that where WAY higher Voltage than 12v haha
    This seems to have sorted all the strange dash errors.

Very weird how just a couple bulbs made all them various lights show up on the dash....

All-rod likes this.
  6. thawatchai2510

thawatchai2510 Member

Have clean all.?

Attached Files:

7. thawatchai2510

thawatchai2510 Member

With water.

Attached Files:

8. thawatchai2510

thawatchai2510 Member

And another connection or groundshare. (whitesline it central lock)

Attached Files: