2005 A4 B7 2.0tdi jerking @ 2000rpm on normal acceleration

nix

Reaction score
I have a 2.0 tdi that jerks at about 2000rpm on gentle acceleration NO jerk on hard acceleration,I have taken it to the "agents"Audi East london (spent 2 days there) A1 motors in Gonubie (1 day there)and N1 city Audi in Cape town(1 day there) they cant find the fault (no fault codes) its been serviced and i have changed the air & fuel filters.
Last week i decided to disconnect the MAF sensor THE JERK DISSAPEARED and the check engine light came on, i have reconnected the MAF sensor and the jerk has returned. The MAF sensor has been tested and is NOT faulty. PLEASE HELP

You would need to get it scanned for faults and do some logging while driving when this happens. It should show any abnormalities.
It could well be the MAF.

Last edited:
I have a 2.0 tdi that jerks at about 2000rpm on gentle acceleration NO jerk on hard acceleration,I have taken it to the "agents"Audi East london (spent 2 days there) A1 motors in Gonubie (1 day there)and N1 city Audi in Cape town(1 day there) they cant find the fault (no fault codes) its been serviced and i have changed the air & fuel filters.
Last week i decided to disconnect the MAF sensor THE JERK DISSAPEARED and the check engine light came on, i have reconnected the MAF sensor and the jerk has returned. The MAF sensor has been tested and is NOT faulty. PLEASE HELP

Hi Nix,
I have almost the same problem, bad batch of fuel ! After I filled it up again she was fine. My mechanic also reckons it could be the lift pump in the tank! So I am now just monitoring it.

Hi,I also tried different fuels and still had the intermittent jerk. I have blocked off the EGR from the manifold and cooler and disconnected the plug. Vechicle seems to be fine (no jerking, power back)apart from the check engine light.

Can I just ask...was the jerk almost like the car was cutting out and then going, cutting out then going again quickly and intermittently?

Thanks for the quick response. I've just bought a 2.0 tdi Audi A3 170 2011 and I'm having the same issues. How did you deal with the CEL light after blanking the egr?