2005 A4 2.0T S-Line CCM/Central Locking issues

Yeldarb

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone here can provide me with an answer as I'm all out of options after trawling this and various other forums for ideas.

Bought the car back in September last year, and I can only unlock the door with the key itself rather than remote buttons.

A mechanic mate of mine advised that the previous owner had installed the wrong CCM. So after a call to Audi and some shopping on the bay, I managed to find the correct CCM.

I've now installed this however, when using VCDS to re-code the key to the CCM, the screen where you input channel etc (following Ross tech's guide) will not change from adjustment setting. The fob light flashes and I've recently changed the battery in the remote.

Additionally, the car itself has a brand new battery.

I've also had a try at using the Measuring Blocks but didn't get any positive outcome.

If anyone can think of something I'm missing or maybe haven't tried, please let me know. I'm at my wits end and would rather not send it to a garage.

Thanks,

B

Hi Yeldarb,

What part number CCM did you get recommended? If you're certain you've got the right CCM (the one under the px/side footwell) then there's simple step you must be missing in the programming steps.

When diagnosing my own I swapped 3 different modules in and out in the same night.

3 Questions,

What variant is your car? 2005 B7 Saloon, Avant, Convertible?

Do you have a photo of your exact CCM/what is part number?

What guide is it you are following? (I didn't read up on one, I managed it by just using VCDS without looking).

Hi Yeldarb,

What part number CCM did you get recommended? If you're certain you've got the right CCM (the one under the px/side footwell) then there's simple step you must be missing in the programming steps.

When diagnosing my own I swapped 3 different modules in and out in the same night.

3 Questions,

What variant is your car? 2005 B7 Saloon, Avant, Convertible?

Do you have a photo of your exact CCM/what is part number?

What guide is it you are following? (I didn't read up on one, I managed it by just using VCDS without looking).

I've got an Avant, the part number that Audi gave me was 8E0 959 433 CR, the guide I'm following is the Ross Tech website one specifically for the year range.

Perhaps the 04/05/06 cars are different, but I just went out and checked and mine is CQ

My car is a late registered 2008 B7

The module currently in my car came from a 2007

Yeah it seems like there’s a good few option my guess is depending on year, fuel type etc.

Audi dealer gave me it based on reg and vin, just can’t figure out why it won’t allow me to code the keys.

Frustrating to say the least!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you get your replacement module and are you certain it was working before you fitted it?

Could easily be a duff replacement if came from a breakers.

Hence I tried 3 different in one night as I had three B7’s at the time

That’s a fair point, I’ve got no codes being shown on vcds for the CCM which leads me to believe that it’s working.

My only guess is maybe the remote itself is faulty?

I’m fairly sure there’s something in VCDS to show you then the key button has been pressed during the programming.

I can’t check my VCDS atm, but fairly certain that’s the case and it’s part of the programming procedure.

Are you programming the key with it in the ignition?

Do you have another key or battery you can swap into the key fob to test?

Yeah you’re exactly right, it goes from adjustment to recognised I think is the phrase.

That’s the problem, neither of my two keys will be “recognised” .

You need to try a module from a working car to rule it out.

I would be tempted to try a CQ module too.

I bet it’s like the BCM, some module variants have more features than others. But should still be compatible with earlier models.

And for the sake of a few quid, put a new battery in your key fob to rule that out too.

Interestingly the “incorrect” part that was in the car originally was a BM. I’ve still got it so I might actually try with that, you never know.

I’ll get a couple of new batteries tomorrow just to rule it out, like you said.

Screenshot 2021 01 18 at 235953

Bad photo as it was ******* down, but you can see on the bottom left the white stamp says 2007

2007 module in my 2008 B7

What date does yours say?

CR seems like the wrong module to me given a quick flick through ebay.

The only CR module I could seem was stamped 2008.

8E0959433CR

Weird. The old “incorrect” CCM has a date of 01/2005 but the new “correct” part has a date of 10/2008.

Think I’ll definitely be re-trying on the old one tomorrow.

Look at the Part Dates stamped vs Part Numbers/Variants

(Keep in mind, the module your car came with from the factory will have a date/stamp from being produced before the first registration date of your car)

So 05 car might have an 04 or 05 module.

8E0959433AJ

8E0959433BC

8E0959433CA

8E0959433BM

8E0959433CQ

8E0959433CR

Try the old one, but ideally need to test one out of a working car the same age as your own.

But CR from what I can see doesn't look like the correct one.

CR & 08 could be still for his car as they supersede modules & of course superseded date would be sometimes years later, so dont discount anything yet.

You have to delete any keys stored 1st then start with none showing in the relevent adaption page, try telling the car zero keys or just 1 then press button, save, then check in measuring blocks iirc for any key presses, havnt done a B6, 7 for a while but its roughly the same.

Yeah I’ve run through resetting stored keys etc it just won’t change from adjustment to recognised.

Like I said an Audi dealer gave me the part number, and I don’t have a code for the CCM not being recognised.

My only thought is that the keys are faulty, worth providing a scan here?

I'll check etka later possibly to see if your old one supersedes to new.

Just reconfirm to me your old part number & the supposedly new version.

Supposedly the previous owner had installed the wrong one (8E0 959 433 BM) The one that I’ve now installed is 8E0 959 433 CR. Cheers

BM supersedes to the CR, so as long as bm was the correct one initially, then you have the latest version for your car.

CR is for B7 from 05-08.

So either your vcds is not working right, if its fake, keys got issues or you're doing something incorrect.

Cars been in for MOT the last few days.

Once I get it back will re-scan and put new batteries into the fobs, my gut says there’s an issue with the keys but will come back to you

Reactions: tr7
If it is indeed the key fob you should be able to swap it out for another one.

What starts the car itself is a small glass tic/tac shaped chip for the immobiliser.

I have previously and successfully swapped everything from my key into the casing of a better condition key (all internals and blade).

Don't see why you couldn't just swap the blade and the immo chip over if the board was dead and then re program it with VCDS.

Perhaps someone else knows better?

But if indeed you suspect it is the key and it's not simply the battery.

A cheap option worth trying would be buying another cheap (working) key from an A4, maybe £15-30. Do with VCDS what you're trying now, and see if that works.

(To check if any other key will work, check the mHz inside where the blade folder into the case for yours. You might have to clean it out with cotton bud to see it, super fine printed)

I've got an Avant, the part number that Audi gave me was 8E0 959 433 CR, the guide I'm following is the Ross Tech website one specifically for the year range.
Do you still have this CCM? I’m after one part number 8e0 959 433 cr