2005 3.2 Haldex Oil Change

Yannis

Reaction score
Right, after doing lots of reading I ordered the parts to do my Haldex oil.

1 tube of oil
1 filter
1 special tool

Getting under the car it seems I don't need the special tool, it can just be undone with a 24mm socket.

Having replaced the filter I made sure that I was able to undo the drain plug and level plug as they have been done up for the last 40k miles.

Having made sure everything was able to undo, I started to drain the oil into a jug.

As the oil continued to pour over 600ml I thought I only have 275ml to put back in here.

So in went the drain plug. I then used my one tube of oil which got the oil to no where near the level plug.

I put the old oil through a load of filter paper and topped up the Haldex to the level plug.

Now where have I gone wrong? Why did so much drain out? I'm sure I didn't drain the diff as I checked on Elsawin before I started.

I also need to find out where I can get a litre of Haldex oil so I can actually get this done properly.

Cheers

Hope it goes well... But I wouldn't personally do it myself... I rather go to my dealer for this type of important service :)

Hi

I want to do the same on my 2005 a3 2.0 quattro,nearly bought the tube but after researching found that my 55plate is actually a 06 model and the haldex changed at that time from tube to 1ltr bottle,I'd guess that's what's happened in your case seeing as you got so much oil out!

Got mine done last year,1ltr bottle and filters ordered and a local mechanic friend I trust did it for me during a routine service.Can't remember where I got the kit from though.