2004 S4 Instrument panel repair

sirmarky

Reaction score
Hi All, been nearly 10. years since I was last here ! got myself an S4 that needs a little bit of tinkering with to get it right.
I just spent yesterday morning replacing the coolant temp sensor on the car because the temp gauge on the instrument panel doesn't work. It doesn't light up either when headlights are on.
After eventually getting the new sensor in I was disappointed to find the temp gauge still not working.
So I spend's an hour or two on VCDS and run the activations on the instrument panel to find on the needle sweep the temp gauge remained at 50 degrees, it did not move.
After scanning and find communication error with instrument panel I think the fault is with the panel itself, coolant temp shows correctly in VCDS.
Please can anyone recommend a reputable company who would be able to fix the instrument panel as I am concerned that it will come back with different mileage or immobilised.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

I will have a look tomorrow when I get to work for the name of the company we use for that sort of thing. If yours can't be repaired easily they do you a guaranteed remanufactured one and a surcharge for your old unit. Will let you know tomorrow

Actually just found their catalogue here. Google actronics, they're in Essex I believe and was a 48hr service. Go online and use their contact service so they are aware of your problem, then you just print out the form, ship it to them recorded and they will call you when they receive it and test it. They will then tell you if yours is to be repaired or if you will get a new one . Really reasonable pricing and quick service. I think I will be using them myself on my S4 as my instrument cluster has some random gremlins

My fault ended up being cured by removing the cluster and finding one of the plugs was slightly askew and after refitting all is well so never went any further but we have used this company through work on other vehicles and they've been perfect everytime. My S4 is going up for sale imminently so hopefully will be not spending anything else on it