1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

2004 dsg fitting cruise

Jason-3.2 Apr 27, 2014

1. Jason-3.2

Jason-3.2 Registered User

I'm confused, been reading all sorts of info on here, even spoke to Dannyk9 a few years ago.
    A cowling and stalk have come up for sale in the classifieds and its got me thinking.

I have an 04 twin grill a3 that has dsg, dis and rns-e as standard, will I just need the stalk and cowling or will I need to run the wire?
    Can someone check what control module I have without stripping it as I'd want it to work as it should.
    Cheers

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. MrLapou

MrLapou Registered User

Find someone with VCDS. Scan with give full details of all modules and version.
    L

Jason-3.2 likes this.
  4. Jason-3.2

Cheers, I'll get that done as a starting point.

5. a6_chris

a6_chris Registered User

kite is in bracknell, send him a pm.

Jason-3.2 likes this.
  6. Dannykn9

Dannykn9 "Cruise My Ride" VCDS Map User

Yes, you will need the wire installed too mate.
    All face lifted modeks with big grille from late 2004 onwards already have the wire installed. Only diesel models with the split grille on a 54 plate have the wire installed. All petrol and earlier diesel models require the wire.

Jason-3.2 likes this.
  7. Dannykn9

Dannykn9 "Cruise My Ride" VCDS Map User

8. Jason-3.2

That's what I was looking at, trouble is I don't want to get it fitted and it doesn't work as it should. I remember what you told me.

9. grchmason

grchmason Registered User

Talking about VCDS does anyone know anyone in the windsor, Slough, Maidenhead area please would like a few options ticked!?????

10. Jason-3.2

There's someone by the username of kite in Bracknell I have been told to pm, he may be able to help! Be nice to have someone local who knows his stuff! I'm fine with mechanical but coding I have no idea. I've built a few mag feature fords and they are no where near as complicated electronically.

11. grchmason

grchmason Registered User

Ok Jay please let me know if you have any luck. As i'm only down the road from Bracknell

Yeah I know what you mean ie electrical coding etc we are in the same boat LOL!