2004 A6 Allroad tracking

ms1083

Reaction score
Is it normal for 2.5tdi A6 Allroad to have its steering wheel ever so slightly to the right when driving on a straight road & if you let go of steering wheel to very slightly pull to the left - could this just be the camber of the road or does it indicate tracking needs adjusting? tyres wear evenly.
Is it safe to allow national tyres to do the tracking or would they make a mess of it in relation to the air suspension?
I guess it is best to leave the car out jack mode with the ignition on so it corrects its height rather than setting itself to park levels?
Quick phone call to audi dealer quote £250 to do tracking - sounds insane. Haven't yet phoned the audi independent but national tyres will check for free then £30 per adjustment if needed.

Last edited:
interested to her the replys on this post as i am after replacing the bottom arms on my 2004 allroad which i have just purchased, forgive my ignorance but how do you put the car in jack mode ?.

also is there a tracking guide toe in toe out etc to set the car up to ?

you hold the up & down suspension adjustment buttons in until both light & warning light is lit on dash. This turns off the electronics so it does not try to correct itself whilst working on the system and stops it getting confused and messing up its basic height settings.
Some people says it stops the airbags getting over stretched and therefore being damaged but I really dont think it does anything like that, just turns off the electronics.

My local tyre depot reported my front and rear tracking was out and that they couldn't do it. My local Audi dealer agreed to do the check and adjustments for £90. They too wanted £250 but were open to negotiation.