2004 A3 Rear Lights - RUBBER BUNG - Part number?

RGC

Keep on rollin
Reaction score
When changing my rear lights over on my 2004 A3 to face lift ones somehow god only knows i managed to push both rubber bungs into my inner wing!!

jeez,,, so now I'm looking for the part number for them?

Thanks in advance :footy:

Richy

Well I can't give you the part number, but I can tell you that Vagparts can supply them and they are 13p each. I assume that you are talking about the small rubber cups that the metal pins on the lights push into.

I managed to loose one of mine and so added 4 to my last order.

Paul

great :) do you have i direct link for them at Vagparts?

do they deliver?

are they UK based?

Richy

by the time you added postage it would work out cheaper to get them from the dealer if your ever there.

well looking into vagparts it seems it no longer with us

see here

Damn that is bad news. I only received a load of stuff from them mid December.

Feel sorry for the guys there loosing thier jobs.

Paul

Just get some double sided tape stick it on end of a coat hanger & stick it down in wing, they're fairly lite so will stick & lift out, done myself on few bits before & worked each time, lazy gits, lol, call me anal but cant stand **** rolling about as I know bits I dropped would start making noises when driving, so had to improvise & get out, worked for me anyway

Just get some double sided tape stick it on end of a coat hanger & stick it down in wing, they're fairly lite so will stick & lift out, done myself on few bits before & worked each time, lazy gits, lol, call me anal but cant stand **** rolling about as I know bits I dropped would start making noises when driving, so had to improvise & get out, worked for me anyway

naaa want to replace them all as they are starting to perish and i cant see them rattling coz they are all rubber :) lol

Richy :friends:

naaa want to replace them all as they are starting to perish and i cant see them rattling coz they are all rubber :) lol

Richy :friends:

Mine were metal parts, lol

No mate I didnt mean I dropped bungs down, just in general dropped something down there which was metal, lol

lol ahh reet! now am with ya :)

a few weeks back am sure you were on a topic about how many parts made up a OEM side skirt and I'm sure there was a picture posted with the breakdown of the parts with the little rubber bungs featured!! can you remember NHN??

:scared2:

Ah now I get what you want, the rubber bungs that the metal ball joints on the lenses push into ye??

If so I will check etka, gotta go do a drive to test my tpms system 1st so be back then I'll check

they're called a Clip Nut, section 9 of etka for year 04 page 945-00 remark says 10mm & number 7 on that page, part number is 8E0945299A

they're called a Clip Nut, section 9 of etka for year 04 page 945-00 remark says 10mm & number 7 on that page, part number is 8E0945299A

Hey NHN so thats defiantly the rubber part?
because is sounds a small bit like one of these which would be wrong,
see picture below,
1421npic.jpg

any chance you could show me the page as i don't have etka just to make sure before i order a load :)

BTW how do i get my hands on that etka as it sounds like a handy tool

cheers
Richy :salute:

I zoomed into etka on the exact 2 bung parts you are after, its 2 holes vertical in line with the indented part where the lense sits in on that edge, there's only one thing that goes there mate & I dont have etka on this pc, sure one of the guys with the part number I've shown can post image, but I'm sure thats correct as I double checked as the name seemed strange but it was right, **** I'll check again you disbelieving ****, lol, hold on............................

Ok checked again its definitely on etka as that, the image even looks like the bung fella, just order it & if its not as should be which I'm positive its correct as I use etka everyday then cause its non electrical its returnable but tbh for the cost which is most likely peanuts its worth a go, but again I'm sure its correct there's no other part for those 2 holes

Well if its wrong then it means that there system is also fecked cause its definitely the correct part on the car for sure, I zoomed in & its very clear from the image its for that fitment, audi have some strange names I tell yer for parts, but who cares as long as works

No worries & where'd you get that clip from as thats dealer logged in I think with 7.2 version, interesting.

mmmm, I'm interested too. My primary HD has just packed in a few days ago. Gutted as I've lost loads of my 3DS Max models and After Affects projects I had saved. Also lost my ETKA & WinElsa. The latter isnt an issue but my ETKA was 7 and I'm blowed if I'm downloading all the updates & installing them again!

Is it packed up as in powerless or its got bad sectors, have you tried to repair if the latter, can you format it at all, there are many tools to recover lost data fella.

Always have a backup, I live by them to extreme's given life long photos etc, but can get a nice smaller much cheaper DS207+ for about £200 with raid 1 plus drives of course which gives you basically mirrored image should drive go down, then just map all your data to save to drives on windows/mac etc, used Synology for years & others before that, cant do better than these, its a case of what value do you put on your data fella, mines priceless:

image_thumb.png

Your right, bit of apathy I guess combined with the "will never happen to me".

I have vista ult kicking about on a spare drive (sorry wont swap XP for Vista!) which I used to boot from. The drive powers ok but is full of corrupt sectors. If i try to access it from Vista I get BSD. Tried Chkdsk etc (I was brought up on DOS LOL)

Is it me or is SATA (cables?) far more unreliable?

fortunately i have a lot stored on my 2nd HD too. Its things like this that are now gone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGUTmOSH5Q0&feature=channel_page

Nah sata cables are good as long as you buy quality anyway, only had few go but its down to make, as for disk, what brand, goto brand website get there drive test tool as an iso & burn to disc, boot to cd & with **** disc in then get it to check the disc outside of windows, it will find bad sectors & mark them as unusable, then stick the drive onto a windows install as a spare drive then you can see if you can recover data, WD, Seagate etc all have there own tools for this fella so its possible to be fixed, but if its clicking as in track arm is trying to skip across to the platters then not good sign, I have actually found a whack with the hand on the disc when track arm is clicking makes it work, lol, honest.

I have a drive tool to connect IDE, SATA drives to usb that allows me to fault find alot & also plug straight into a sata port without fixing in the case using external power & just sata cable to a spare port on the MB, works a treat

Nothing wrong with command line fella, just **** GUI, lol, I've got every single version of windows on backup for sentimental reasons, nice to see how far its come huh

Holy thread revival, just removed my rear bumper to replace a parking sensor and found one of these missing, little google search and I found this thread, just ordered a new one from the bay of E, many thanks.

Rog.