2003 A4 Cab, windscreen blower air-flow problem

dhillon884

Reaction score
I have a problem with the blower on my A4 cabriolet. The central vent at the front of the dash, that dimists the windscreen does not work.

On the climate control system, I have tried every button possible, and although i can hear lots of air being passed, it does not come out of the central vent. All other vents are fine, including the two side vents and all central vents.

Is this a common problem? Is there anything i can do DIY just to check out the problem. I've looked around, heard it could be a motor, but how do i locate it?

cheers

you could run a diagnostic using vagcom, which would turn up an error code in the air con motors/flaps.

i think the motors are around £70 ish i think, and will more than likely to be a bitch to replace as i think they are mostly located inside the central dash, behind where the stereo is.

Most off the motors are easily accessible once the glovebox has been removed, the motor that does the windscreen is the top one, once the glovebox is removed you can see all the motors move as you play with the settings.Sometimes removing the motor (2 minute job) and applying 12 volts to pins 5 and 6 kick starts them into life again, reversing polarity changes motor direction, so try both ways.

I have an Audi A4 Avant 1.9tdi sport (2003) with the exact same problem, Did you get yours sorted out easy enough and have you got the part No for the vent actuater/motor please mate.

Paul

Problem fixed this morning!

what you need is an 8mm socket to remove the glovebox (5 screw bolts) 3 on the top and 2 on the bottom

then 6mm socket to remove the motor, note there are 3 motors the top one is the one you want to remove.

when removed take a 12 volt supply from the battery or wherever and unstick the motor by giving a power supply to terminals 5 and 6 which are numbered then do it the opposite way around and the motor should turn the other way.

It should take you around an hours work if that and Job done. :blow:

Thanks a lot guys...

I've noted down what I need to do, however, today it was working fine.
Maybe it was just playing up that day, but if it happens again, at least i know what to do.

GREAT ADVISE DEMISTER NOW WORKING FINR THANKS