2003 A4 1.8T Sport

Golf18T

Reaction score
Hello to all. (My first post)

Has anyone got any experiences with the new A4 1.8T (190PS)?

I drove a 163PS the other in work and it felt a bit faster than my Golf 1.8T.

I'm thinking on getting either a new A4 1.8T with all the trimmings or an S3? Looking for a nice aggressive looking saloon though.

The Sport bodykit on the A4 is very nice.

I have an 2002 A4 1.8T. I am not sure what you mean by 190PS, but it's quick. The ladies seem to love it too. It's just such a beautiful car. I agree with you on the sport kit, the one available on the S4 standard, but the back looks a little weird to me. More aggresive overall look to say the least.

PS is the metric version of BHP. Its what they quote in the brochure nowdays. Its a bit annoying really.

Nice car.

[ QUOTE ]
A4WideBody said:
By the way rich, i like your ride!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I have got the 190 1.8T
Its not run in yet but upgraded from the 150 HP b5 A4.

Lots more torque and power.Well worth going for the 190 over the 163 if you can

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
PS is the german for horse power - <font color="red">P</font>ferde<font color="red">S</font>tärke

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course your right but to be pedantic
1PS ~ 0.98628 bhp. Which in real terms means a
a Audi quoted figure of 220 PS is really only 217 bhp!

Most of us live a lie because it makes us feel better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I'm just in the process of negotiating with the Stealer on a new A4 2.5 TDi Quattro Avant, it will be one of the first in the UK with the new Quattro GmbH bodykit, other options to include:-

Tiptronic
Leather
18" RSTT's
Xenon's
Bose
Sport Pack
And loads i suddenly can't remember. The only dilemma is that the spec i have it to comes in at about £33k and i am starting to think S4?? for the few grand extra. But at the same time a possible 800 miles on a tank and 180bhp and 370 lb/ft of torque balances it out

I'm looking forward to driving one but will be sad to see my A4 Cab go, unfortunately i need bootspace now.

Jon.

[ QUOTE ]
Jon said:
I'm just in the process of negotiating with the Stealer on a new A4 2.5 TDi Quattro Avant, it will be one of the first in the UK with the new Quattro GmbH bodykit, other options to include:-

Tiptronic
Leather
18" RSTT's
Xenon's
Bose
Sport Pack
And loads i suddenly can't remember. The only dilemma is that the spec i have it to comes in at about £33k and i am starting to think S4?? for the few grand extra. But at the same time a possible 800 miles on a tank and 180bhp and 370 lb/ft of torque balances it out

I'm looking forward to driving one but will be sad to see my A4 Cab go, unfortunately i need bootspace now.

Jon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if im beaing picky, its actually 272lb/ft /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

must be a misprint in the tech spec in the brochure. i will shoot the stealer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jon.

[ QUOTE ]
that wigginer said:
Of course your right but to be pedantic
1PS ~ 0.98628 bhp. Which in real terms means a
a Audi quoted figure of 220 PS is really only 217 bhp!

[/ QUOTE ]
To be doubly pedantic PS isn't that close to BHP, 1ps = 0.93458bhp, thus 190ps = 178bhp i.e. 180bhp as was, on the 1.8T quattro's. Nothing's changed just Euro b*astards confusing everyone and making cars seem more powerful than they really are. BACK OFF BRUSSELS!

No AndyMac you're wrong, it is 0.98628 like wig says, not 0.93458; the new 190ps 1.8T in the A4 has 187bhp.