2003 2.5TDI V6 Intercooler

Andyjbee

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has tackled replacing an intercooler, I'm thinking of replacing the O/S, picked up a preowned. is there anything I should be cautious about tacking on my own. Thanks in advance for any info.

Lights out, bumper off, move front into service position. Then slacken and remove boost hoses and they just lift out. Put a bit of wd40 on the bottom mounting rubber to help the intercooler slip into place when fitting the new one.

Lights out, bumper off, move front into service position. Then slacken and remove boost hoses and they just lift out. Put a bit of wd40 on the bottom mounting rubber to help the intercooler slip into place when fitting the new one.
Many Thanks for reply :) Sorry if I sound a bit thick here but when you say move front into service position do you mean physically for access purposes or is there something I need to do to let the car know that it's having work done? Thanks again.

Yes. It needs the front panel released and moved forward at least on the side being replaced to get enough room to remove it.