2002 S3 BAM problem?

RS3_Simon

2016 RS3 SPORTBACK, MRC STAGE 1, SECONDARY DE-CATS
Reaction score
Hi guys im new to these forums but got a problem hoping someone can help! I've had my 225 BAM s3 for a few months, all been fine just fitted cone filter, forge 007 and one of those liquid gauges. I used the dyno plot function and it only made 205bhp 187lb/ft, are these gauges accurate? I have just had an Evolution chips stage 1 remap and now makes 230bhp and i think roughly the same torque, should these figures be more from a stage 1 or is it the gauge again that isnt accurate? I also had a fault code of 17705 come up after the remap but have now cleared it and done the N129 valve mod and now seeems to be fine, any help would be greatly appreciated.:shrug:

hi mate ive not got one of said gauges but i cant see them being that good or the tunners would'nt need rolling roads . get it on the rollers and you will be 100% on the out put and if there are any probs

Thanks mate, think thats gonna have to be next on the list, the gauge plugs straight into the OBD port and works out the bhp at the crankshaft so possibly not accurate.

if the power is reported low the airflow is being reported low, so likely culprit is MAF sensor.. Start there..
What max boost and g/s airflow do you see?

Boost peaks at 21-22 psi and holds around 16 as for the g/s airflow i will have to check, what should i be getting? Also the AFR seems to be around 14.7 normally but holding flat in 3rd or 4th only seems to go down to about 13 thought it was supposed to be in the 11-12 region?

Hi guys managed to pinpoint the problem to faulty MAF sensor, made good power but concerned about the fuelling. I have uploaded my graphs below, would appreciate some feedback.
P1000235_zps7a3c5084.jpg
P1000236_zpsb5658521.jpg
P1000237_zps7c539291.jpg

Thats what i thought, PM'd bill at badger 5 earlier to see what he can do just waiting to hear back, he has been very helpful so far.:thumbsup: