2002 Audi A6

Caleb Harrison

Reaction score
Hiya
My Audi sometimes docent start and when it does the battery level is OK but when i either have the radio on, i put the window wiper on, or when i open the window the battery level goes right down

Has anyone got any suggestions what is wrong with my car

Thanks

Hiya
My Audi sometimes docent start and when it does the battery level is OK but when i either have the radio on, i put the window wiper on, or when i open the window the battery level goes right down

Has anyone got any suggestions what is wrong with my car

Thanks
Battery Connections. Ground (-) to body connection

Reactions: Caleb Harrison
Both connections Negative to the body and Positive connections have to be checked. Not only the cabling but also the Battery terminals for oxide. On the bad side, you must have an multimeter, set it in 20V DC scale and start the engine. When in idle it must be charging at least 13,5V and no more than 14,4V maximum. If charging less than 13V, you have a problem in the alternator, namely in the regulator section... replace ASAP. If charging at 13,85V (the nominal value), turn on the lights, both beams, and check if it stands near the same charging voltage if it drops lower than 13V, the battery doesn't charge at a good rate and don´t store enough energy to next start. In this case, regulator again, but check the + terminal at alternator (red cable) for good mechanical conditions... tightening, partially broken wires or bad crimping of the terminal. If voltages are ok and drop not too big... check battery... electrolytic level and the voltage at engine off... minus than 12,5V indicates a not healthy battery. Turn medium beam on and check voltage... too low (drop to 10V) it´s one element already semiconducting between plates. Change battery.

Same Avelino Gomcalves and CCA batterry checking. How many year your battery? if three year over choose to be change.
You said battery level goes right down looking from dash board?. If yes mean 2 case will be . 1.alternator no enought ampare fit or change (80 % carbon brush shortly. change bearing too.) 2. Load (electric item in your car) which you open it was short. At battery have salt ash ? Hot water flushing before do anything.
(second pic to all .it 's cooling fan carbon adaptation. Make for my student.) Line 66915260049

Best regard.

Attachments

• DSCF0410.JPG
    DSCF0410.JPG
    518.1 KB · Views: 120
  • DSCF0419.JPG
    DSCF0419.JPG
    408.5 KB · Views: 118
  • DSCF0413.JPG
    DSCF0413.JPG
    519.5 KB · Views: 118
  • DSCF0420.JPG