2001 S3 Subtle modifications Required.

cagiti

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am a relatively new to the S3, only had it 2 months ish! It has the submarine lighting, TT pedals, TT 18in wheels and spacers. It also has cruise control. I am trying to decide on a bluetooth kit/new stereo (which has bluetooth), and buying LED bulbs to replace the yellow ones.

Other than the above are there any other subtle modifications which can be added to an already great car?

Thank you in advance.

are your wheels the TT COMPETITION ones pal, if so their my favorite wheel.

I dont think TT comps come in 18", so my guess would be TTrs wheels.

I don't really think there is much you can do to the S3 to make it look better. I'd suggest spending the cash on some quality cleaning stuff and keeping it in really top condition. What colour is it?

Last edited:
i think your right thinking about it, i got a bit exited lol.

Hi,

They are the TT RS ones. It's black and is in need of a good clean. It has a few light scratches/swirls over the car and does need some machine polishing to help restore the shine and remove the swirls. Luckily I have access to a dual action polishing machine but I could also do with some experienced information from the people(the owners) who know the most about Audi's! Also I am going to try and restore the shine in the lights after reading another users' post on using fine grit paper and paint restorer!

All levels of advice is welcome!

Cheers guys!

Have a look in the detailing section on here or head over to detailingworld. Also Polished Bliss have some good guides on their site.

A word of warning though if you aren't familiar with machine polishing you could really do some damage, especially on a black car. Audi paint is about as hard as it gets and I'd consider letting a pro go at it then keep on top of it yourself.

The lights is a good shout, might have a look at doing that myself soon.

You can't really do much damage with a dual action polishing machine though.