2001 Allroad 2.5 TDI AKE engine code

danny_acs

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just joined the forum.
I am a BMW guy typically, but my father still owns a 2001 Allroad with the 2.5TDI V6 engine code AKE that recently blew up. I have been looking for a replacement, and a breaker was going to source it. He now tells me that the donor car has the newer, post 2003, engine code, presumably BAU or BDH, not sure.

If I'm doing a full engine swap (not just the block), will the newer engine mount fine and would the electronics work...? I am still very inclined to continue looking for an AKE...

Thank you very much!

You can make a hybrid of the engine but it's too much work for very little gain and easy to screw up. The AKE block will mate with the llater cam roller heads but you'll have to drop the CR and fit the AKE ancilaries. I have done one at one point and as Fjtwelve pointed it's not straight forward... Replacew like for like- i'll be surprised if you find any decent AKE engines for under £1500 though, i am in the process of swapping 2 engines into 2 different cars. Both are auto's and the engines are from manual cars. Pretty much bolt on jobs... How soon do you want it done ? I could do the swap for you- just got another AKE engined a6 quattro last week...