2001 8L S3 Revo gone into Valet Mode ?

Blunteh

Reaction score
Hi, I had my S3 mapped a while ago with a Revo map. It's been a bit intermittant with power and eventually had it's MAF replaced which seemed to sort it out, but it still felt a bit down on power. Occasionally I'd get a spike of power out of nowhere which would confuse me...

So not feeling like it was 100% right I took it to a rolling road which measured it at 229BHP and they said it was running lean.

So I drove home and the car felt odd..... no power, no boost. I booked it back into the revo dealer and they've spent a day stripping it down to find a fault. Eventually they've found the Revo has gone into Valet Mode.

Has anyone heard of this ? Could it have been overboosting on the RR and it triggered it to go into this mode ?

Should I get the Revo map removed and try something else ? (I'm planning on seeing how it goes and if it's not perfect asking for my money back)

Valet mode?

a revo dealer said it had gone into valet mode?

didn't they offer any way of actually fixing it?

ask them if they mind you going into psycho mode if normal mode is not resumed on your S3

They didn't leave it like that. :)

They've reset the map and it's fine, they said somehow all the settings had gone haywire, it was just very very wrong. Now it feels better than ever... odd.