• Hall Sensor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You're barking up the wrong tree entirely you madman

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bwk87

Reaction score
Hi All

I recently purchased an early B6 and after about 500miles of driving Engine Management and EPC lights illuminated, along with stalling issue. (Engine cuts out periodically - on the motorway it restarts itself after about 15 seconds, around town I have to use key). Crank times on startup are also a bit on the long side, but not usually excessive. I have also noticed that the car won't rev past 5k (redline is 7) and seems down on power, so I guess it's in some kind of limp / safe mode. Car has 87k miles and a seems to have a decent service history.

I got VCDS Lite running and found fault codes as attached. The PO told me the battery has been replaced recently so ignoring the low voltage for now, will clear codes and see if it returns. Everything I have read on the other codes points to G28 Engine Speed Sensor but when I look on GSF/ECP I don't obviously find an engine speed sensor for this model - I have seen a crankshaft pulse sensor (which sounds like the same thing) and also a Hall (camshaft) sensor.

Have tried searches but most of what I am reading is related to the 1.8T and I have no idea how similar these engines are so not sure whether I should trust what I am reading or not.

New to VAG and more comfortable with sockets and skinned knuckles than USB leads when it comes to cars, so would appreciate all advice / opinion.

Thanks in advance
Ben

Attachments

• IMG_0298 (2).jpg
    IMG_0298 (2).jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 156