2000 hr photoshop

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

That is absolutely awesome!

very good, tho the train one looks a lil flat, also looks like a smilie dropped in on the trians lamp, lol..impressive stuff allround, like u say needs to get out a bit more.;)

What a waste of time. Hours if not days of that poor guys life wasted for what?

It's easier to take a photo!

[ QUOTE ]
What a waste of time. Hours if not days of that poor guys life wasted for what?

It's easier to take a photo!

[/ QUOTE ]

Handy if u wana frame someone for murder !

have you never watched "JFK"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

That's one helluva wind up, Turner Prize anybody? Kings new clothes etc etc.
It took me close to 4,000 hours to build an exact replica of a 1997 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro, so good in fact it is completely indistinguishable from an original.
Photoshop my ****!

Lol, his bio makes interesting reading. It seems essentially he's an artist, but instead of using paint, he uses photoshop. Well, at least it saves on mess!

Ummm yes we're all "artistes" of one sort or another.
I'm sorry but the point of being artistic is that you actually create something unique using your interpretation of the subject matter.
All he's done is create something that already exists and could be recreated by anyone in 1/16th of a second not 2000 hours. Probably the poorest application of digital technology I've yet to see (and that's up against some pretty stiff competition).

Its really not that impressive. It looks like a poor architectural rendering, though done photoshop instead of 3D. The composition is pretty poor as well, your eye gets thrown off the top right of the image, and there's a real lack of depth in it, really needs some depth of field and fogging. Yadda yadda, anyway, don't like it.

I think whether it's any good or not is totally irrelevant. People will applaud the time it's taken to do rather than the end result. Pathetic.

it's just a reproduction of something..

personally I like art work that says something... like my mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

www.plimsoul.co.uk

Normally you'd bother to reproduce something that can be appreciated, a reproduction of a photo is just a waste of time. There are slightly more efficient ways of capturing such things.

[ QUOTE ]
Normally you'd bother to reproduce something that can be appreciated, a reproduction of a photo is just a waste of time. There are slightly more efficient ways of capturing such things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like, presumably, taking the picture in the first place? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif