20" Wheels Fitted.

Jimbo.King

Reaction score
I managed to get my hands on a mint unmarked and never been referb'd set of Audi 20" RS4 style speedline wheels that were originally fitted to an S5, size is 20" x 9J ET29, I found plenty of info about people fitting the 19" version of these and people saying they won't fit due to the offset etc, but found no info on anyone fitting the 20" version and any problems, well here's the result and I'm very happy with it, it's still on the original S-line suspension with the B5 front spring seats to level it up nicely + 225/35/20 tyres fitted.

I've also installed a camera in the N/S mirror to try and avoid the kerbs !!

Reactions: AJC, Stanningtonglen, DieselJake and 4 others
looking good

Reactions: Jimbo.King
picture of the cam and link please

that looks lovely!
and the camera is a nice touch and we need pics!
however, do not rely on that and just give kerbs a wide berth!

however, do not rely on that and just give kerbs a wide berth!

It's very accurate and a lot clearer than the pic, I've another to fit on the drivers side but it's a time consuming job to fit as the mirror needs fully stripping. The camera wiring connector is small enough to fit down the center of where the mirror pivots to follow the original Audi wiring, this allows the mirror to be folded in without trapping the wires, I'll then have to get a 2ch multiplexer to split the screen so I can see both sides.

Looks great, good job!!
I've been looking at 20's for the last couple of weeks and you've definitely helped me make my mind up.
Running on 20's with a 35 profile would allow me to lower coilovers to close my arch to tyre gap but the 35 profile on a 20" would make up the difference so I shouldn't loose any actual overall ground clearance, I just need to carefull with offsets to clear my calipers.
Do you any side on shots?

I managed to get my hands on a mint unmarked and never been referb'd set of Audi 20" RS4 style speedline wheels that were originally fitted to an S5, size is 20" x 9J ET29, I found plenty of info about people fitting the 19" version of these and people saying they won't fit due to the offset etc, but found no info on anyone fitting the 20" version and any problems, well here's the result and I'm very happy with it, it's still on the original S-line suspension with the B5 front spring seats to level it up nicely + 225/35/20 tyres fitted.

I've also installed a camera in the N/S mirror to try and avoid the kerbs !!
What is that button to the left of the ESP for? I've never seen that.

its the rear blind ?

Reactions: jdp1962
Looks ace, surprised you didn't go 235/35/20 for the speedo, not that it will be much different though and I suppose 225 gives you a bit more tuck.

Looks ace, surprised you didn't go 235/35/20 for the speedo, not that it will be much different though and I suppose 225 gives you a bit more tuck.

There's no way I could have run 235's, it's very close as it is, the speedos not too bad, only a couple of mph out at 70, as in the speedo is showing slightly more.

Oops I meant 235 30, but yeah as you say definately worth the trade off and it's not crazily out.

Last edited:
Always thought 20's at standard ride height would look a bit Tonka-truckish.... but this actually works quite well!

Like it!

Does look nice an nasty. Surprised that fitted without any rubbing on the speed bumps. Extra Brucie bonus!

Cheers
A

Looks really good. Especially like the touch with the camera. Any chance you could do a write up when you do the drivers side mirror please? Cheers!

Especially like the touch with the camera. Any chance you could do a write up when you do the drivers side mirror please? Cheers!

I'll see what I can do, wont be for a couple of weeks tho.

Reactions: Khanage