1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

20" Rotor kerbed

D3mon Oct 20, 2015

1. D3mon

D3mon Registered User

Devastated. Caught on a metal (yes metal!) kerb edge. Can anyone recommend a Stafford-area wheel repair outfit?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. gc6269

gc6269 Registered User

PeteBSK likes this.
  4. D3mon

D3mon Registered User

Ah OK thanks. Good to know it can be fixed up nicely and to get a ball park cost.

5. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

6. DrEskimo

DrEskimo Registered User

7. IceHanger

IceHanger Active Member VCDS Map User

Birmingham Audi did mine for £75, that's a full face re furb, very nice job too.

PeteBSK likes this.
  8. woollyjoe

woollyjoe Registered User

£144 seems a bit on the high side. Worth noting these wheels can only be repaired couple of times before compromising rim.

9. gc6269

gc6269 Registered User

I think the biggest cost was refinishing the diamond finish. I've got this type of wheels.

[​IMG]

10. D3mon

D3mon Registered User

Popped into JP Alloys for a chat this afternoon. Had the whole repair process explained, very knowledgeable. Gonna get the wheel to them next week for the refurb. Asked about a colour change and told I could have any colour I wanted in with the refurb if I wanted to, although with the diamond cut style rims, the number of refurbs/colour changes is limited. Was thinking of switching the titanium colour to gloss black.

11. woollyjoe

woollyjoe Registered User

Ask about durability though on the gloss black. I read Audi engineer claimed the titanium finish is more durable from stone chips etc.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. D3mon

D3mon Registered User

Reckon I'll go gloss black when the wheels are a bit older (and in need of another refurb probably). Just going for a 'factory' look refurb on the one wheel just now. We talked about where the factory clear coat is already flaking a little just inside the bolt holes.