20,000 service and feels like new - why ?

woodyuk

Reaction score
Hi

I just picked up the car after its first full service at 20k miles. I purchased in April 2016, one of the first to post on this forum :) . Its an A4 s-Line TFSI 190

The car has always felt underpowered, slow to accelerate and just not a good drive. I always put to down to it being the 190 vs the Quatrro. It got worse over time and felt like an old car until today.

I just got back my car today from its first major 20k service and feels like a new car. Its quick, responsive, suspension feels much softer - it's really weird. I was thinking - I picked up the wrong car. Can a service really make that much difference?

I was told nothing was wrong with the car, and only a standard service was done.

I also checked and they have still not (and when asked they refused) to update the MMI from 0442 (what i have) to the latest which i think is 0976 - anyone had any luck in fixing this ?

Wondering if there has been a known problem they are fixing and not saying.

Last edited:
Hi

I just picked up the car after its first full service at 20k miles. I purchased in April 2016, one of the first to post on this forum :) . Its an A4 s-Line TFSI 190

The car has always felt underpowered, slow to accelerate and just not a good drive. I always put to down to it being the 190 vs the Quatrro. It got worse over time and felt like an old car until today.

I just got back my car today from its first major 20k service and feels like a new car. Its quick, responsive, suspension feels much softer - it's really weird. I was thinking - I picked up the wrong car. Can a service really make that much difference?

I was told nothing was wrong with the car, and only a standard service was done.

I think with the S4’s there some gearbox/engine software updates that make it a better drive. Maybe it’s similar with your car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Hi

I also checked and they have still not (and when asked they refused) to update the MMI from 0442 (what i have) to the latest which i think is 0976 - anyone had any luck in fixing this ?

Mine has always been the opposite of what you describe and in sport mode it takes off like a scalded cat. Perhaps you've been driving around in eco mode and the dealership has changed the setting?

20k servicing , poor car :frown new:

I thought VAG were changing their ways .

39086244095_9fe21f9d49_o.jpg

I've noticed the same thing with other cars and scooters. After the service they felt really responsive but it doesn't last long before going back to how it was before. I don't know what they do but feels like they tighten few nuts and belts.

20k oil would have a ton of soot in it even more so with a diesel .

The soot has a viscosity thickening effect that would cause drag thus reduce power and torque .