2 Reverse lights?

WelshWoody83

Reaction score
Just a quick question, Im sure on here before I saw something about being able to have 2 reverse lights on the A3 range? Ive had a look and cant seem to find anything on here about it now though.
What Im wanting to know is if it can be done, how? Is it as simple as putting a bulb in on the other side and using VCDS to tell the car its there?
I only ask as reversing inthe car without having reverse sensors in the dark is pretty bad when the one reverse light seems to be as bright as single lit match.

Thanks for any help on this.

Chris

The 2nd reverse light would need a lhd lense, would need wiring in & also you'd have to also fit an alternative fog light as rhd uses this location for the fog on the right, it was a mod I was halfway through until the guy sold his car.

I know what u mean about the reverse light. it is shockingly bad. couldnt we just use a brighter light bulb in the current location?

I know what u mean about the reverse light. it is shockingly bad. couldnt we just use a brighter light bulb in the current location?
That'd be good. Quite often I have to parallel park at this time of the year, and the vision is poor to say the least.

I cant see an issue with the light itself, if you dont see that engaged then with respect, you must be blind, its fairly clear.

I cant see an issue with the light itself, if you dont see that engaged then with respect, you must be blind, its fairly clear.
It's not so much the light, like you say it's clear to see its engaged. It's just it doesn't really light up the area behind you. So if there is a better legal bulb I'd say that'd do the trick.

Ah I see your point, I wouldnt disagree with that at all, as I also experienced this recently, but unless you fit lower lights that light up the floor area, not allot you can do.

Yeah it doesnt throw off much light does t, maybe next time i reverse in the dark Ill try put the rear fog light on then to see if that helps.
Thanks foryour advise though, I didnt think about the rear fog light being in the same place as the reverse light to be honest with you though.

I had this exact same problem... When I fitted my new LED number plate lights the problem umm disappeared shall we say. I expect Warren would agree. Haha.

ecec3569.jpg

I had this exact same problem... When I fitted my new LED number plate lights the problem umm disappeared shall we say. I expect Warren would agree. Haha.

ecec3569.jpg

wow they are frickin bright!

why dont you guys just get a sportback? they have 2 reversing lights as standard :undwech:
or you could just fit a reversing camera and see all the rear you need to

wow they are frickin bright!

why dont you guys just get a sportback? they have 2 reversing lights as standard :undwech:
or you could just fit a reversing camera and see all the rear you need to

Apart from my super duper LEDs, I'm gonna fit a multi-directional reverse camera. Basically looks out like normal with reversing lines but also does side view. :)