2 questions re tech

L33 WCX

Reaction score
Looking for assistance please!

1. Radio display on main screen (not virtual cockpit) is a bit bland. No scrolling text, lots of blank space. Is this configurable? Or is it at least possible to keep the screen with the stored stations on as that looks better?

2. Default virtual cockpit view. I always have the map with the bigger dials but each time I start the car it defaults to the car info screen. Anyway of changing the default screen to my preference so it automatically comes up each time I start car?

Neither are huge issues, still LOVING the car!

When on the radio station , push the dial to the right and you can then select Radio Text. I don't think you can put the radio text screen as a memory. Couldn't in my bmw either.

Not sure about VC. Haven't got it

Yeah the radio in this car is pants. You can't change any view options at all - it will only display the station name.

As @AndrewMD states above, it is possible to display the radio text (DJ name, song artist and title, etc). But this can only be toggled on and off, it can't permanently display and be saved as an option unfortunately. I personally like the minimalist view of it showing just the radio station name with blank space below it, and the orangey DAB icon to the right. The 'National' BBC DAB radio stations display their own logo, but these logos are of a poor image resolution unfortunately.

Yeah the radio in this car is pants. You can't change any view options at all - it will only display the station name.

No, click right and select Radio Text and on all DAB Channels you will get info about the programme, tracks playing, locall BBC station even put news and weather stories on there

Reactions: iambu
Don't think you can set the VC to default to Map screen with big dials (or small dials for that matter). Mine is the same as yours, defaults to the first 'tab' which is the car info tab. I like to have the large time and date displayed in the middle, with large dials. I guess everyone's desires are different though. I think Audi could introduce more customisation into the VC and the MMI if they chose to!
I saw an image of the VC in the S5 (I think) and it was displaying a sporty view of a single large dial in the centre of the screen, with an emphasis on the rev counter and digital speed in the middle of it. It seems Audi tweak the VC display options for each different model.

@iambu I'm sure there will be a VCDS hack somewhere done the line where you will be able to get the single dial in the middle of the VC. It was in the new S4 by the way which has just been launched!

Thanks all. Saves me spending hours trying to get it to do things it won't!

No, click right and select Radio Text and on all DAB Channels you will get info about the programme, tracks playing, locall BBC station even put news and weather stories on there

Yes but it only works temporarily. If you change the station or turn the ignition off it resets to no info. It's a pain in the **** as there's far too many button presses required to get this info easily while you're driving.