1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

2 Of My Favourite Things :)

888dee Sep 7, 2014

1. 888dee

888dee Registered User

my 06 170 TDi quattro S-line and Specialized SX Trail II

IMG_1366.JPG

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. oosh

oosh Registered User

What cycle mounts did you go for? Looking at getting a couple on mine, just need to make sure they will fit 2.5 width wheels

4. 888dee

888dee Registered User

these are Thule 532's, years old and still work great, only thing I had to do was buy longer bolts to accommodate the stupidly oversized bottom tube on the SXT

5. oosh

oosh Registered User

I'm tempted to get some RockyMounts as I'm off to the states next week, thanks for the info

6. JudderMan

JudderMan Registered User

Nice. I'm now a roadie, unfortunately that means a Lycra whore...., but will post a pic of my steed and the car too.

7. DeeDoubleYou

DeeDoubleYou Registered User

I want to get some roof bars for my car to pop a bike rack and/or roof box on, although I was quite pleased that my road bike will slot in the back of the car without dismantling... it is a bit of faff removing my daughters car seats though.

[​IMG]

And I wouldn't be as keen to do this with my MTB, road bikes don't seem to get dirty, fortunately!
    I've gotten in to ride cycling recently but have always been into MTB's, still have a hardtail and use to ride and race DH a bit when I was younger. I really want to get another full sus, maybe a nice Alpine 160. If only I had the money... and the time to go out and ride it!

8. JudderMan

JudderMan Registered User

Nice bike DW and nice leather seats too :)

Keep on forgetting to take a pic of my bike and car together but here are them separately :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. DeeDoubleYou

DeeDoubleYou Registered User

Nice bike :icon thumright:
    Mines just an ally Defy 1. Only had it since October, but I'm hankering after something a bit more special already. And by special, I mean carbon.

10. 888dee

888dee Registered User

definitely wouldn't choose to put my mtb in the car, getting it (and me) filthy is half the fun :)

although I'm not a massive fan of roof mounted carriers for mtb's, heavy to get up there and the muck off the bike ends up on the roof... I'll be fitting a tow bar this weekend and using a hook mounted thule platform carrier in future