2 inch decat to 2.5 inch cat back

DieselJake

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just wondering how much of an effect on performance this would have rather than 2.5 the whole way or would it be fairly similar or maybe even better (guessing not but I'm not too clued up on this).

You start with a bigger downpipe then you can go smaller or dual exit- whichever takes your fancy ! Something like this is best as it's going to create a swirl/vortex and accelerate the gases trough the engine/exhaust ! This is for a v6 but you get the ideea...

IMG 6652
IMG 6651
IMG 6632
IMG 6631

That looks good, cheers Chris. To be honest I had no idea whether the cat back or decat was best to be biggest, reason I asked is because this local exhaust place they said they only had a 2 inch decat and I was a bit concerned as to what effect the bottleneck would have.

thats wont fit his car though will it his got the pd 130 lump i might still have the de-cat flange i brought from darkside last year if you want to get some one to make you a de-cat

Might be interested in that just need to see what this exhaust place is sorting first as they may have already picked up something similar for me, had a bloke drive into the back of my car yesterday so I'll wait for him to drop some cash then decide which way to swing exhaust wise when the back end is looking bearable, at the moment I'm thinking either 2.5+" decat pipe or something to your flange leading towards two reasonably sized pipes maybe 2" or smaller each going all the way back with a couple of replica RS4 tips sticking out the B7 RS4 valance which I've been meaning to attach to a bumper for about a year now haha the bloke hitting us has given more reason and motivation now though. My poor, valuable s-line rear bumper has been ruined.

Last edited:
Jesus another bump lol I'll go find the flange in a bit and measure diameter for you , would it be possible to just get rs4 std exhaust fitted ??

Yeah people around here clearly don't like my car haha the excuse was literally that he was checking out the rear end of my car then hit it (ok I'm clearly bragging by adding this detail but that's literally what he said), probably could get it to work but think I'm just going to get a couple of straight pipes to save having to pick an exhaust up, it probably won't sound the greatest but so long as it performs admirably I can live with the sound as the cat is more than likely heavily clogged now so I figure I may as well go all out.

Ah right cool, to be fair that's probably fine so long as the pipe coming from it is larger. I'll get the rear fixed up then see if this exhaust place has sourced one, if they haven't I'll drop you a message then come 'round with some cash.

thats wont fit his car though will it his got the pd 130 lump i might still have the de-cat flange i brought from darkside last year if you want to get some one to make you a de-cat
I have the above decat pipe fitted to a VE 1.9Tdi, it's the same fitment as the PD130...the bv43 Jake has fits plug and play on the AFN engine...