2 Button Key Fob

recomdos

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hi guys,

Some a$$hole at work used my keys today and managed to snap the corner piece of my two button key fob! I'm well annoyed, as the person is an imbecile anyway - and doesn't give a crap!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Does anyone know how much a two button key replacement coded by Audi will cost for a 98 A3 T-Sport?

It's such a pain in the *** as now I have to keep an extra eye on it as to where I put it as obviously it connect to the rest of my keys - only a little thing but really annoyed me!

Rob

You will be charged about £70 for just the remote part of the key fob. Thats if you can get it on its own.

I had exactly the same problem last year. I bought a complete two button fob from Ebay and then swapped over my top half to the new remote half.

Cost me £20.

You can program the remote part into the alarm yourself. As you are not replacing the top (key and immobiliser transponder) part then you do not need to visit audi.

Hope that helps.

[ QUOTE ]
You will be charged about £70 for just the remote part of the key fob. Thats if you can get it on its own.

I had exactly the same problem last year. I bought a complete two button fob from Ebay and then swapped over my top half to the new remote half.

Cost me £20.

You can program the remote part into the alarm yourself. As you are not replacing the top (key and immobiliser transponder) part then you do not need to visit audi.

Hope that helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah - that sounds good. so if I get another 2 button fob (thanks for the link spence /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) then I can just swap the two top bits over. does the physical key also pop off then aswell?

it's ****** annoying. Audi could have made that little part a bit tougher!

I will keep an eye on that fob.

If there's any progression I'll be in touch HTC - although I think I've read about recoding the key before somewhere on here...

Thanks guys.

Yes you can swap just the key part but then you'd have to adapt the new transponder to the car immobiliser. You have to take your car to audi to do this. They will charge you about £35.

All depends on whether you want a complete new key or not I guess.

ah right....I think I get ya mate, you kept the top half of ya key, and put it onto the bottom part of the new (secondhand) fob right?

I would be happy with that, I was thinking the long way round, of getting another fob and taking that one apart to fit in my key! Do'h!

All I need to do is buy the other key and swap the top halves round right?!

Cheers

Brilliant! Now all I gotta do is get this numpty to sort it...I do think I may be a bit over the top, but it's the point of principal, I did him the favour, he broke it and don't give a crap. End of the day it ain't gonna cause anythign to my work so may as well just go for it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Cheers HTC /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif