2.7 TDI Injector Fuel return nipple

smog c6

Reaction score
Hi,

I was replacing the injector seals on my 2.7 Tdi A6, however while doing so on two of the injectors I accidently took off the L shaped fuel return nipple. Now I can clip them back on to the injector however when running the engine they leak fuel. Are the injectors ruined now or is there a special way to clip them back on??

Can you post a picture, of one of the leaking clips. Unless you have snapped the return of the injector, then it's most likely damage to the clips, and unfortunately you cannot buy the clips, you have to replace the entire return pipe section at the cost of around £260.

Il post one up tomorrow I found a video online

.the L shaped fuel return nipple is on the injector itself not part of the fuel return pipe. I have an early injector with suffix S part number. The fuel leak off nipple came off the actual injector itself in the video you can see how it’s not one piece. I’m struggling to fit it back together without leaks. I believe on later injectors the fuel leak off nipple is integrated into the injector plastic head.

Last edited:
As far as I know you cannot buy that part (Audi don't sell them). Contact http://dieselbob.co.uk/ if they don't sell them then I think you could be looking at replacement injectors.

Okay so time for a follow up, I hope this helps anyone in the future.

I have the earlier injectors so the fuel leak off port is detatchable from the injector head, newer injectors are made from one piece. Injector 2

I had diesel leaking from the leak off port thats part of the injector and the fuel return line.

The fuel return line was a very simple and easy fix, a new O ring as crasher suggested and that stopped the leak from there.

However the fuel was still leaking out from the L shaped leak off port on the injector head, looking closely I noticed although the port clipped on, once the engine was started it would come loose. I guessed the o ring inside this port was pushing against it under pressure and causing it to come off. So I decided to wrap a heat resistant cable tie around it and it stopped the leak.
Injector 1