2.5tdi V6 2004 Allroad

ms1083

Reaction score
I believe my EGR valve has got stuck open. I have just blanked it off and the smoking has stopped so assume thats the problem. Is there any harm leaving it blanked? Coolant seems to be slighlty cooler (85 degrees, not 90) now its blanked. Or should I replace the EGR valve and have the car as its supposed to be?

Allard EGR delete kit. Find one on ebay. You will find improved economy and throttle response. Its a bit of a no brainer as you remove/bypass alot of the problematic gubbins that can eventually cause you problems - (like the EGR valve as you have stated)

Hope this helps, I believe they are about £60.

£60? I paid £5 posted, 2 plates, one for exhaust manifold and one for inlet pipe, 2 gaskets job done. Remove/block vacuum hose to EGR actuator.

By the way, ive got a complete EGR for sale for the 2.5 v6 tdi. £30 posted

any idea what size hole to drill in blanking plate to stop the engine light coming on and does this work?
Is the EGR valve you have to sell new or used?

I have removed the whole EGR system, didn't need to drill holes, I mapped the egr out anyway so no issue with eml.
The EGR is used but good condition, just not needed.
To see if it put EML on, remove vacuum hose and put a screw in the hose, drive car see if light comes on!

Wesmaster care to share the link for where you got a kit for £5 from? Never heard of one that cheap.
Allard does not do a EGR delete kit for the 2.5 tdi so you either block the holes with the blanking plates or just pull the vacuum pipe and block it with a bolt or just have it mapped out in the tune ! Wes, there's no need to plug the pipe if yours is deleted in the map !

Allard does not do a EGR delete kit for the 2.5 tdi so you either block the holes with the blanking plates or just pull the vacuum pipe and block it with a bolt or just have it mapped out in the tune ! Wes, there's no need to plug the pipe if yours is deleted in the map !

Here is a link ebay for a pair of blanking plates, with the EGR completly removed there is loads more room in V and looks tidier.
I only plugged hose to prevent dirt ingress

I fitted a blanking plate to my egr around 14months ago. It has given no problems in fact id say pulls better now. Had twi mots since and never failed for emissions.

I have removed the whole EGR system, didn't need to drill holes,
I mapped the EGR out anyway so no issue with eml.
To see if it put EML on, remove vacuum hose and put a screw in the hose, drive car see if light comes on!

Allard does not do a EGR delete kit for the V6 2.5 TDI
so you either block the holes with the blanking plates or just pull the vacuum pipe and block it with a bolt
or just have it mapped out in the tune !
Wes, there's no need to plug the pipe if yours is deleted in the map !
Who erase the EGR when mapping ?

I asked specifically for egr delete after a lengthy discussion with my file writer, took 3 attempts to get it right, but good results.