2.5TDi quattro sport....

P

Pete69zx

Hi there all.

I currently own an '98 A3 1.8T Sport.

Im thinking about the possibility of buying an A4 2.5TDi quattro sport (saloon).

Please can you kind people here tell me more about this car?

When does the cambelty need replacing, how far apart are the servicing schedules, etc, etc... ?

Im really toying with this dieas as i have seen what appears to be a nice (if a little higher mileage) example on the trader.

2003 03 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 12,995 with 50K under its belt.

Thanks everyone, cheers.

Pete.:sos:

Hi Pete, I bought my car off this guy http://www.jcoopercars.co.uk/ and would highly recommend him to anyone for a Diesel Audi/VW or Beemer. If he doesn't have one in stock he could get one. I bought my 04 1.9 TDi A4 Avant Sport from him about 4 months back for an excellent price. His website is sometimes slow to be updated but he advertises in Auto Trader every week. Not sure if Bishop Aukland is to far for you though??

I've also had my ECU remapped by DPM today and its a worth thinking about a 1.9 and a remap instead of the 2.5. My car is running 235 section tyres and the ESP goes nuts right through 1st and 2nd gear now. With a Quattro though you could put that power down a lot better. Some say the smaller engined car handles better with it having a lighter front end too.

Incidentally my car is on the longlife service plan and only needs looking at every 20k or so, and the belts were changed at 60K.

Just a thought or 2

2.5TDi V6 cambelt needs doing at 80K miles.

As Sinny said, I'd have a look at a 1.9TDi Quattro too. The 2.5 is fantastic, I love mine, but a remapped 1.9 will be as quick, nippier in the twisties, and not as thirsty. The 2.5 does sound great though, the V6 is sweet and doesn't sound like a diesel at all. I'd take both out for a test, but the 1.9 would defo need a remap, the quattro is a tad heavy.

I have a 1.9tdi Quattro and i'd agree that it needs a remap, but it still goes alright without one. Round the corners nothing can touch it, the only limitation is your nerve, i've out handled loads of cars round roundabouts and tight bends, a Focus ST the other day and favourite fodder, several BMW 3 series.

Quattro is where its at.

I've also had my ECU remapped by DPM today and its a worth thinking about a 1.9 and a remap instead of the 2.5. My car is running 235 section tyres and the ESP goes nuts right through 1st and 2nd gear now. With a Quattro though you could put that power down a lot better. Some say the smaller engined car handles better with it having a lighter front end too.

My quattro 1.9tdi has just been remapped also today, and now with 366nm and 160bhp feels a much better machine, remap is amazing. I agree about the quattro though it does make the car handle much better, it doesnt spin like above but boy does the traction control and quattro kick in when that turbo comes in first gear, especially with the damp roads and my new tyres.

worth every penny for the grin on my face.

Having just changed from an A4 2.0 SE to a 2.5 TDI Sport, the difference in handling due to the suspension set up and wheel sizes is terrific - must go and arrange unneccessary test drive of a quattro some time....!
As mentioned above, cambelt at 90k, servicing on longlife up to 22k.

Thanks for all the feedback about the car all.

Cheers.

Cambelt on V6 2.5tdi is 80K or 4 years.
I have a 2.5tdi Quattro sport, it's the best car I've ever driven.
(but I've never driven a Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari or even an S4, so.....)

Must get that job as a Top Gear presenter.................

Hi Pete,
I've got a 2.5TDi Quattro Sport, had it since August '02. Just finished an intermediate service on it today at 107K miles. I am no longer doing the variable servicing thing as I drive it quite hard so treat it to Mobil 1 every 10K. Had my cambelt changed at 80K by an independant and have serviced it myself since then, if you can call having a look underneath at the CV boots, track rod ends, exhaust etc. and changing oil and filters. Must have saved over £500 on servicing at main dealer which has more than paid for the Brembo front discs and pagid pads all round. I will take it back to the independant for its 120K just to make sure there is nothing untoward on the diagnostics.

I have an old 911 Turbo as well which is fantastic fun to drive, but you know you have been in it after a long run. Whereas the Quattro will munch mile after mile without causing any real fuss. I drove from Caen to Perpignan in a day last year, got out fresh as a daisy, admittedly, I had a 45 minute sleep on the grass, in the sunshine of the Massif Central mid-way.
Everybody who has been in my car has been impressed with it. I even had praise from an Elise owner and it took him 40 minutes into our journey for him to realise it was diesel. I couldn't recommend it enough.

I was lucky enough to have driven New TT 3.2, RS4, S6 V10 and S8 V10 back to back recently and when I got back into my oil burner, I didn't feel disappointed. Yes, of course I would love any of those above as a daily driver, but with roads becoming the trial they are these days, speed isn't the issue so much as flexibility and reliability along with reasonable running costs. I hope my trusty TDi will do me for at least a couple more years yet. HTH

Now been thinking about a possible 1.9TDi quattro sport, but must have a GMbH bodkit & big wheels. Kind of RS or S4 look is it?

Been scouring the autotrader for some!

Cheers, pete.

Now been thinking about a possible 1.9TDi quattro sport, but must have a GMbH bodkit & big wheels. Kind of RS or S4 look is it?

Been scouring the autotrader for some!

Cheers, pete.

i may have jus what you are looking for........

if you can stretch your budget for the right car then..............

i may have jus what you are looking for........

Got car End nov 06 and so far....19inch Rs4 replicas, alluminium mirrors, S-line rear bumper, tinted windows, superchipped to 167bhp/366nm, twin exhausts

Just bought it 2 months back @ £17250 from dealer and spent over £3k on goodies, ive done 100 miles in it so i would take a sensible offer for it, as it just doesnt get the use i thought it would. oh and its 04

Mcgough said:
if you can stretch your budget for the right car then..............

Just bought it 2 months back @ £17250 from dealer and spent over £3k on goodies, ive done 100 miles in it so i would take a sensible offer for it, as it just doesnt get the use i thought it would. oh and its 04

:blackrs4: WTF Thinking of changing already, And all the time and money you spent on it aswell, Hey atleast it gets used more than mine 2800 miles ive done in just over a year.
So what you thinking of next? :blackrs4:

Any more info / pictures ???
WTF Thinking of changing already, And all the time and money you spent on it aswell, Hey atleast it gets used more than mine 2800 miles ive done in just over a year.
So what you thinking of next?

See my neighbour will tell you how much time and money ive spent on the car, its a Brilliant red A4 b6 quattro sport 6sp 130 avant thats just been superchipped to 167bhp and 366nm, its imaculate in side and out, the interior is soul black plastics, with black leather and black alcantra (dark grey in my eyes), its got the alluminium mirrors, the full s-line GMBH kit and ive just put on the S-line rear bumper, tinted windows, full custom stainless twin exhausts, oh and the new 19inch Rs4 replicas with falken 542 tyres.

Pm for more details mate

Looks & sounds mint, but unfortunately... its out of my price range :-(

Thanks anyways :-D