2.5TDI Quattro - Needle lift Sensor (G80)

hodgy0_2

Reaction score
Hi all

VAG-COM is showing the error above, it has actually been there since I bought the car 3 years ago, but I am now on a mission to clear all the error codes as I have a few more now -- notably one regardinng the Water Temp Sender (I have bough a replacement one and will be fiting that along with a boost solenoid N75)

anyway does anyone know what the part number is for the injector that has the needle lift sensor and if I can get it other than a main dealer

cheers

James

the car is a 2002 2.5TDI Quattro btw

I replaced my 3rd injector a few weeks ago - there are a few different variants, your dealer will be able to find out which one you need from your registration.

Make sure you get two (two per injector) new copper crush washers for the injector leak off pipes.

Hi all

VAG-COM is showing the error above, it has actually been there since I bought the car 3 years ago, but I am now on a mission to clear all the error codes as I have a few more now -- notably one regardinng the Water Temp Sender (I have bough a replacement one and will be fiting that along with a boost solenoid N75)

anyway does anyone know what the part number is for the injector that has the needle lift sensor and if I can get it other than a main dealer

cheers

James

the car is a 2002 2.5TDI Quattro btw

thanks Alex

how much did the dealer charge you? per injector

I went to TPS in Liverpool - ended up at £280 with the VAT

Was hoping to just leave it as it was, but couldnt time my engine without it working. :keule:

thanks Alex

how much did the dealer charge you? per injector

yep, thanks Turkset and Alex

I have read those two threads, very useful -- i will try and get this done asap

tbh I have been living with this error since a bought the car, it did not seem to be causing much of an issue

and I put the initial boost problems I had with the car down to a cracked front intercooler - what a biatch that was to replace

From my experiance, the only real differance is the MPG, I found i was loseing about 5mpg with this error code, since the change over my car has run smoother and has a slight incress in poke, the mpg have most prob gone up too but my lead foot has an illness,

Made little diff to mine.Probably slightly better mpg but not much for best part of £400 for parts and labour

mmm, well I am due to replace the boost solonoid and temp sensor, both show as erroring in Vag-Com

I might take a view on the Injector

Yep, that's what thought

It looks like I will need the exact part no from a dealer

well yes and no, i got a 2nd hand injector from ebay with the same part number but the letter on the end was wrong, it turned out that the part number on the end was in reff to the injector nipple hole size, so i swapped over the nipple from my old injector to the newer injector and all was fine,