2.5tdi quattro intercooler

JimLoskot

Reaction score
Finally got round to taking the drivers side one out for a look and it looks like this:
154ds8m.jpg

This is the only thing that I think could be leaking to spray all of this oil over it and everything around it. New one = £260ish :crying:. do I really need a new one? is there any way to test it is knackered?
Thanks

well I have discovered a big split in the corner on the other side and using my pressure test rig (gaffa tape and my lungs) there was loads of air coming out of it.
Funnily enough I can't seem to find any leaks on the front side (pictured) where most of the oil spray was. Looks like I'm going to have to get a new one

anyone any thoughts about aftermarket intercoolers or should I not bother and just get the oem part from tps or try and get one from a breakers?
Thanks

Last edited:
There was one on ebay mate genuine brand new dunno if it's still there might be worth a look and couldn't remember what side either eBay number (90261092403) that's denso brand new so genuine I believe 159 quid delivered mate beret than pts ain't it mate:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I paid £190 for a new IC from TPS.

Ask for trade discount.

one ordered from tps £200 including discount, will be hear tomorrow. forecast is rain, looks like I'm going to get wet