2.5tdi ECU recoding

myth

Reaction score
Hello all

I need some help again, from you guys. I want to recode the ecu for my '98 Audi A6 2.5tdi AFB engine. I would like to recode the engine in tricking it has an automatic gearbox, so it delivers more fuel at startup.

Having an automatic gearbox, needs just a little bit more fuel to start because of that torque converter, which may cure my problem when starting the engine while warm/hot.

When cold, it starts very well, but SOMETIMES when warm, it takes at least 5 seconds to crank before it fires it up.

The problem I have is that login code I must enter before recoding. In that window I also have the option to use the 7 digit key code. I do have an attachment on my spare keys, but I don't know what code to enter and in which field.
Also tried retrieving the login code with my Vag commander but it doesn't seem to read the Engine module, just the Instrument Cluster module. As I knew, the ECU and Instrument cluster login codes are the same, but my engine module just doesn't accept that login code.

There are a few login codes for the v6 tdi engine, 26262 is one of them...

It worked! Thanks for the code!

Now I just need to figure out the coding for automatic tranny.