2.5tdi allroad non start HELP!!

Thestaticjack

Reaction score
hey guys new to the forum hope this is in the right place but need some help my allroad will not start and struggling to diagnose the problem
Slight backstory
I have a 2000 2.5tdi allroad for quite a while now it's not liked starting, would always start but took a while and chucked smoke out when it did. Then the battery started going had a couple times where I left lights on and radio for a 5 mins it would go flat. Also has a misfire around 2000rpm - 3000rpm this has gone from being bairly noticeable to very noticable in the space of about a week or two.

Now last week had been out Thursday night no problem just this misfire but started fine get up for work Friday morning almost starts maybe let off the key early but it didn't start second attempt battery had died. Tried to start off neibours 1.9tdi a4 would not go. I have now fitted a new battery hoping it will start. Nothing! It turns over but will not fire! Battery has plenty of power will turn over for days but won't go. All fuses seem fine lift pump is getting power but not making much noise and sounds very bubbly when you try and start. Now I've taken the fuel line to the filter off and the pump won't anything out. Have made a direct feed from a bottle into the filter held it up and squeezed lightly to give some pressure but still wouldn't start!

I have a code reader it's flagging up no codes and I'm a little lost as to what it could be seeing as it was fine the and over night it's decided to die. While doing this I have just fitted a new fuel filter pre filled it and clamped the lines to prevent much air getting in I have also blown down the line from the filter to the tank in case of any blockage all seems clear. If anyone has any ideas let me know I'm very lost by this have looked at a few other threads but doesn't quite seem to match my problem.

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated before I burn it
Cheers
Jack